My Pokemon themed chips update! (2 Viewers)

stumc51

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I would give an update on getting a set of Pokemon inspired chips created.

I was inspired by this thread to create my own Pokemon style chips. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/opinions-on-my-pokemon-theme-chips.78462/page-2#post-2390976

I then did some designs and ran into a snag with copyright concerns, as shown here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/getting-custom-poker-chips-made.116261/#post-2392189

I then went hunting for some mock ups and found an artist that has done some cross overs or mashups. I have reached out to them and am getting a Poker inspired design created at some point soon.

In the meantime I used some of the designs and mocked up some chips, BR Pro has printed the mock ups and they are on the way! I can't wait to see them in the flesh.

I will keep you all updated. but in the meantime, here are the version 2.0 test mock ups, So you can get a feel as what is to come!

Stu

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.50.41.png

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.51.02.png

the sides are white for now, they don't print the sides for prototypes

Pretty darn cool, i'm not sure i would mix Mario Bros with Marvel though, just my 2C

Easier to see if you spin the image, here

View attachment 1294754

Awesome!

My personal preference, I would rotate the denoms on the side that has it repeated 4 times, like this:

1710775294755.png

Also, I would add some spacing between the currency sign and the numbers on some of them. Most notably, the green 1, it kind just looks like a funky zero

Had no idea the green was not a 0.

Also, if you love this mashup for some reason - get these made and enjoy it!

But I have no clue why these would be made. Not really a world where these mix well and realistically it just takes away from your theme.

As said several times so far, do pokemon and go through Tina.

But that’s prob because I don’t personally understand trademark. You can use Pokémon and marvel as long as someone draws it? Have someone draw the Pokémon, is that the same?

Either way best of luck.

Very unique! Love to see people getting creative. I personally want to design a One Piece set someday… if anyone has seen something like this please let me know.

For these, I might suggest spacing the number and currency sign, and might change it to a cleaner font as well, just to enhance readability.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom