Super Poker Bros. (1 Viewer)

iLogik

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a mock up design for a THC themed super mario poker chip set. FYI, I did run this by @rjdev7 beforehand, as the original creator. I just want to see if there is any interest in running a sample set group buy before running a full on group buy. Options are BRpro (reg or chipco) or CPC.

The denomination are the base, open to changes if needed and doing a tourney set without the cash symbol.

Attachments

• IMG_6869.jpeg
    IMG_6869.jpeg
    858.1 KB · Views: 298
Loony tunes is next lol but that won’t be ready until mid next year :)

Seems very busy to me. There is lots of very fine detail that looks OK on screen that won't print well. Definitely too detailed for even 1" CPC inlays.

I always recommend printing any design at the size the final chip/inlay will be to get a feel for how they will look in reality.

Would be ceramics I already had some prints done before hand to figure out how the print and colors work. Took a lot of trial and error lol

Who did your art work?

Suggestions for cards:

I’m at the end of the Mario cards design and was wondering if I should do 1 of 3 things:

1) 1 character for all the same numbers example:
1 Bomb for all 2s or 1 banana for all 3s (see pic 1/2

2) 1 random character/item on every number card.

3) the same character on each number card replacing the suits but keeping the suite below the number see pic 3/4

Attachments

• IMG_6943.jpeg
    IMG_6943.jpeg
    667.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6944.jpeg
    IMG_6944.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6942.jpeg
    IMG_6942.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6945.jpeg
    IMG_6945.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 55
Suggestions for cards:

I’m at the end of the Mario cards design and was wondering if I should do 1 of 3 things:

1) 1 character for all the same numbers example:
1 Bomb for all 2s or 1 banana for all 3s (see pic 1/2

2) 1 random character/item on every number card.

3) the same character on each number card replacing the suits but keeping the suite below the number see pic 3/4
Replace all suits with coins, stars, bob-ombs & mushrooms is my vote. (Or whatever icons you wish)

Got the mock up of the cards.
only showing the hearts tho

Attachments

• Full Sample Hearts.png
    Full Sample Hearts.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 96
Got the mock up of the cards.
only showing the hearts tho
Love the AQJKs - killer design!
For 2 to 10 I would suggest moving the character to the center if possible as it looks a bit too busy right next to the numbers.

My two cents…anybody who wanted a Mario themed poker set already has one. While I can see you put a lot of work into these, do you REALLY think chippers are going to want two ceramic Mario themed sets? I also feel that @rjdev7 set’s graphics are gritty and speak more to poker players while your set’s graphics are cartoony and would speak more to adolescents. And lastly I agree with @AlbinoDragon that your chips look a bit busy. The cards are kind of fun, but in the long term are unnecessary. In the grand scheme of things…the point of these items is to play poker. I don’t see a bunch of chippers getting through more than a rotation or two with Mario themed cards.

I think you’d have much more success with a group buy if you went with a different theme. Fans of other games/cartoons may not be Mario fans and still might have space in their chip closet for a ceramic themed set.

Again…just my two cents. And for full disclosure it’s coming from someone who has no interest in any of these ceramic themed sets. Good luck with whatever you decide.

My two cents…anybody who wanted a Mario themed poker set already has one. While I can see you put a lot of work into these, do you REALLY think chippers are going to want two ceramic Mario themed sets? I also feel that @rjdev7 set’s graphics are gritty and speak more to poker players while your set’s graphics are cartoony and would speak more to adolescents. And lastly I agree with @AlbinoDragon that your chips look a bit busy. The cards are kind of fun, but in the long term are unnecessary. In the grand scheme of things…the point of these items is to play poker. I don’t see a bunch of chippers getting through more than a rotation or two with Mario themed cards.

I think you’d have much more success with a group buy if you went with a different theme. Fans of other games/cartoons may not be Mario fans and still might have space in their chip closet for a ceramic themed set.

Again…just my two cents. And for full disclosure it’s coming from someone who has no interest in any of these ceramic themed sets. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks for the feed back. Ye, this wasn’t the original plan lol but since I was already making some Mario designs for my fav character i just ended up finishing the set lol. But I only plan to do 1 group buy with ceramic chips, if that (not fan of organizing). But ye I have other themes I'm gonna do.

Oh and ye I guess these would be more for adolescence lol but that’s cuz I took a lot of opinions from my buddies who are all under 21 lol makes sense

I definitely appreciate the hard work and effort you put into these, and your dedication in your graphics, research, and organizing. There is no way I would’ve gotten half as far as you have with a custom set…so a huge kudos to you. I would just would hate to see this flame out and you get discouraged and don’t go any further just because the idea was redundant.

Thank you for the kind words. I didn’t expect myself to get this far either, but I ended up enjoying the process.

No offense meant, but I think the existing Mario ceramic chips have a better design philosophy. You want thick lines and simple shapes and colors for something that's going on something that's only 39mm. No matter how beautiful and intricate your art is it won't matter once it's printed into a tiny disc.

Mario themed plastic cards I could see being a big hit though. Existing offerings by Nintendo are very plain and uninspired. The only comment I'd have is to have at least some of the card designs have some poker flair (hoodie, sunglasses, etc.) to distinguish them from generic Mario designs.

Good luck!

No offense meant, but I think the existing Mario ceramic chips have a better design philosophy. You want thick lines and simple shapes and colors for something that's going on something that's only 39mm. No matter how beautiful and intricate your art is it won't matter once it's printed into a tiny disc.

Mario themed plastic cards I could see being a big hit though. Existing offerings by Nintendo are very plain and uninspired. The only comment I'd have is to have at least some of the card designs have some poker flair (hoodie, sunglasses, etc.) to distinguish them from generic Mario designs.

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback. I wanted top hat and cane cuz that’s what made me fall in love with poker chips and the design was kinda done by randoms lol but on the next set I will be taking all this feedback and applying it. It will be geared more towards poker than personal taste lol

Hello,

I have a mock up design for a THC themed super mario poker chip set. FYI, I did run this by @rjdev7 beforehand, as the original creator. I just want to see if there is any interest in running a sample set group buy before running a full on group buy. Options are BRpro (reg or chipco) or CPC.

The denomination are the base, open to changes if needed and doing a tourney set without the cash symbol.
Few questions/recommendations… Any chance to get a white/Toad $1 denom (I’m not sure who that is on the current $1 and prefer Toad personally)? Also, I see a potential dirty stack issue with a green $25 and green 25¢ (we will have both in play simultaneously at times) so any chance of a blue 25¢? Lastly, any chance of a 5¢ denom? Sorry for all of the questions, but this set is close to what I’m looking for. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom