Poll: What Do You Do With Mint Paulson Poker Chips? (3 Viewers)

What Do You Do With Mint Poker Chips

• Absolutely nothing!

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Clean them by hand with just plain water

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Clean them by hand with water/soap

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Clean them with an US

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Oil the edges only

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Full oiling in water

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Swipe-and-wipe speed oiling

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Full compression oiling

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Some other oiling method not listed

• Some other cleaning method not listed

• Total voters
I thought you guys (I love my ceramics so I have no hands on experience) oiled chips was so the oil filled the pours of the materials in the chip, making future cleaning of the chips a lot easier.

Sure! I've heard it all:
  • Clean them to get rid of dust
  • Oil only the edges for shuffling better
  • Oil the chip to seal the pores and prevent it from getting nasty human oils
  • Oil the chip to protect it from getting brittle
  • Oil the chip for colors

So here are some mint RHC Horseshoe $5s. I gave them a quick bath, and then compression/edge oiling.

For 100 I probably used about 10 drops of oil.. maybe 1/10th of a capful total. Are the results good? Are they worth it? I like how they turned out, but so many people say to leave them alone in the poll.

I think these turned out great and will have to do the same to my mint THC $25 secondary Aztar set. Thanks for sharing!

I think these turned out great and will have to do the same to my mint THC $25 secondary Aztar set. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad that my posts are helpful! I think that chip composition does affect the outcome. Leaded chips don't seem to need anywhere near as much and don't absorb as much either. My Cincys above, however, drank it up beautifully.

Post before and after pics of the Aztars! But, please remember, tiny tiny amounts at a time. Eventually your rag will be "seasoned" so things like edge oiling won't need anything added to it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom