Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (3 Viewers)

Depending on total weight (buttons and packaging) you could shrink wrap the buttons individually and use a #0 (6 x 10) bubble mailer and send via first class mail.

I have dug for a while and have come up with inconclusive results. What is the best way to ship 1 - 4 buttons domestically in US and to Canada?

USPS I imagine but...
Flat rate or regular postage?
Bubble wrapped envelop from store or something from USPS?

For small packages to Canada, I've generally recommended First Class International w/tracking, although I believe there comes a point when the size/weight makes the flat rate boxes a better deal.

I have dug for a while and have come up with inconclusive results. What is the best way to ship 1 - 4 buttons domestically in US and to Canada?

USPS I imagine but...
Flat rate or regular postage?
Bubble wrapped envelop from store or something from USPS?
Sandwiched between cardboard inside a bubble mailer, USPS First Class. Even four buttons should be cheaper than a Priority SFRB, and about as safe (although a couple of days slower).

Re-shipper of the year award, the golden tape gun. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20190114_173652.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions on shipping 30 of the Warneke boxes? Did a quick measurement and they are just under 15¹/²" inches unfolded. Seems too large for a MFRB and not sure if 30 will fit in any envelope option.

I would like to ask everyone to please keep Mr. Terrible in your thoughts and prayers for the next couple days. I hope he comes out of this without any broken arms. It would also be nice if he is able to keep his head on straight after this ordeal. I can't help but thinking how much this looks like a coffin for him. Godspeed Mr. Terrible. May @The Cranberry Canary find you fully intact!

Anyone have any suggestions on shipping 30 of the Warneke boxes? Did a quick measurement and they are just under 15¹/²" inches unfolded. Seems too large for a MFRB and not sure if 30 will fit in any envelope option.
There is a special "Board Game" Box that should be the same cost as a Large Flat Rate box. They're free to order, but I think they only come in packs of 25.
https://store.usps.com/store/produc...rge-flat-rate-board-game-box---gbfrb-P_GB_FRB

I'm not sure if any post offices stock these or not. I haven't seen them at mine, unless they keep them behind the counter.

Also found there is a flatter size Medium Flat Rate box -- 11 7/8 x 13 5/8 x 3-3/8 tall. Maybe folding in one or both sides of the Warneke boxes and wrappin them up would work:
https://store.usps.com/store/produc...iority-mail-medium-flat-rate-box---2-P_O_FRB2

And upon further investigation of the USPS store (with Shipping Supplies & Flat Rate checked off under the filters on the left side),
https://store.usps.com/store/results/shipping-supplies/flat-rate/_/N-7d0v8vZ1wrlxch?Nrpp=18

I found "Forever Prepaid" Small, Medium, and Large boxes, seemingly with postage label & return address already affixed, to write in the destination by hand. I didn't even know these existed. Can be bought in fewer quantities (1 or 3 minimum).

OK People, Forget using USPS Flat rate boxes, eBay postage or USPS.com for paid Priority labels, read this how to get even cheaper Priority rates! ...:

I recently found " Pirateship" ( I am not affiliated with them in any way other than as a user)
https://www.pirateship.com/

This is a web based US Postage label print service, similar to stamps.com ( which I also use), PayPal shipping, Endecia etc .. with 1 big difference....
The rates are always cheaper, & there is no monthly or other fees, and you can simply pay for only the label you print ( or store funds to draw down if desired)!!
They offer a higher level of discount on Priority Postage than the other services, and most important, they also pass along to you the "unavailable" on the other services super Priority Cubic Rate ( normally only reserved & available for businesses that ship more than 50K Priority pkgs/year) ...
The Priority Cubic Rate is almost Always Cheaper than any of the flat rate or regional rate boxes, &, depending on zipcode I found a few cases where it was even cheaper than a Padded Flat Rate envelope! ( & it doesn't require any special USPS box!)

This pirateship also offers 1st class at prevailing rates, and other services such as end of day scan forms for multiple packages, auto up/download of your eBay & other web orders etc ..

I ship a lot of USPS daily for my business, mostly thru stamps.com & Amazon, & have been using Pirateship for over a month now .. I will probably drop stamps.com , since I no longer need their $15 monthly fee ( rising to 18 in April) & they are more expensive for the label...

* Remember, as I type this the USPS raised their rates yesterday, so here is a current example:

14 lb box of old Paulson & Burt Co. chips, going from a NJ zipcode to an Arizona zipcode:

Say you need at least these dimensions to safely pack the chips: ( 9" x 3.5 x 10" ), so using those dimensions & 14lbs with today's Postage Rates:

Regular Priority : $54.40 ( Stamps.cm/eby - $45.86)
Med Flat Rate box: $ 14.35 ( eBay/stamps - $12.80)
Prio Cubic Rate from (Pirate) : $8.92

Same 14lb box going to North Carolina:
Regular Priority : $18.40 ( Stamps.cm/eby - $17.57)
Med Flat Rate: $ 14.35 ( eBay/stamps - $12.80)
Prio Cubic Rate from (Pirate) : $7.91

** And, Priority Cubic Rate does not require any specific usps "box" , you can measure and use your own supplied box, or use any of the Non-Flat rate free USPS boxes, easy. You enter the box dimensions with the weight, so keep the box as compact as possible for lowest rate, since it's based on the package cubic size, not weight ....
--

Last edited:
How long does it take the Regional boxes to arrive after they are ordered? I have a few shipments coming up and I need to know whether or not to wait on them or not.

How long does it take the Regional boxes to arrive after they are ordered? I have a few shipments coming up and I need to know whether or not to wait on them or not.
you could always go to the post office and pick up a few free ones until the package arrives

you could always go to the post office and pick up a few free ones until the package arrives
I thought I had read that those were order only but maybe I was wrong. I stopped by a small post office and didn't see them...I'll try another one on Monday. Thanks.

I’ve read through the thread. MFRB are expensive now.

I have 220 chips in one shipment. Can I fit them in a box inside a padded flat rate envelope? Maybe with the expanded SFRB or another box that I can find that will fit inside?

I have two other shipments of 330 -360. I think my only option here is a MFRB doubled. Unless the post office happens to have some Regional Flat rate box A’s when I drop by tomorrow. They are on order but a week out.

Thoughts?

I have 220 chips in one shipment. Can I fit them in a box inside a padded flat rate envelope? Maybe with the expanded SFRB or another box that I can find that will fit inside?

Probably. Many US shippers do this for at least up to 200 chips in a SFRB inside a FR Padded Envelope (after being wrapped in one or two other FR Padded Envelopes!). I'm not sure how far this has been pushed, though. I can see 220 getting by. But 240? 260? 300? You'll probably hit a weight limit before you hit a volume limit. Experienced shippers, please chime in, because I'd like to know, too.

I’ve read through the thread. MFRB are expensive now.

I have two other shipments of 330 -360. I think my only option here is a MFRB doubled. Unless the post office happens to have some Regional Flat rate box A’s when I drop by tomorrow. They are on order but a week out.

Thoughts?
220 chips...2 rack boxes with some bubble wrap in the lids, taped up tight. Tape them together setting flat against each other.
Wrap the extra barrel in a Padded Flat Rate Envelope. Then shove them both (boxes and roll into a 2nd PFRE. Then into a third. Tape the opening and label on. Done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom