Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (2 Viewers)

Got them all packed up nice and snug, should have taken pictures...took me awhile to do. I did do the SFRB + 6 chip boxes in one MFRB, and 7 chip boxes in another MFRB. About ~16 lbs each.

Priced them out on the USPS website @ about $75 each (damn!) shipped to Norway (with insurance). Do I need to account for any additional customs costs, or are those included in the USPS price?

Since you folks are so wise....

Can we ship a bubble mailer about 4.5" x 7" and less than 3oz with regular first class stamps?

These are usually considered packages, and postage is calculated accordingly based on weight and zone.

Edit: Should cost around $3.50.

Last edited:
These are usually considered packages, and postage is calculated accordingly based on weight and zone.

Edit: Should cost around $3.50.
Thanks Abby, any tips on printing labels from home? I can't seem to find the correct option on the USPS site.

Some info for 1st class mail. The first option is cheaper but doesn't come with tracking so I avoid using it.

fcflat.png

fcpkg.png

Thanks folks, does anyone else think that the USPS website is... Not great?

Thanks folks, does anyone else think that the USPS website is... Not great?

On the old site, the first page had links to just about everything. Recently they prettied it up with lots of white space and some graphics, resulting in the need to scroll and drill down. SAD

On the old site, the first page had links to just about everything. Recently they prettied it up with lots of white space and some graphics, resulting in the need to scroll and drill down. SAD

It's fine if you are shopping flat rate, but I find anything else pretty tough to figure out what the best option is.

any tips on printing labels from home? I can't seem to find the correct option on the USPS site.
I haven't done it yet, but some folks here swear by using the PayPal shipping option -- and I think it's cheaper. Maybe somebody can chime in with details and a link.... @David O ?

I haven't done it yet, but some folks here swear by using the PayPal shipping option -- and I think it's cheaper. Maybe somebody can chime in with details and a link.... @David O ?

Yes you can go here. There is a savings to doing it this way. You all get 1st class with tracking included. Best part is you do it all at home and drop them off later!

What if you are shipping a single chip in a bubble mailer? Is extra reinforcement needed?
I always like to use a scrap of cardboard, folded into a "C" around the chip and taped inside. This prevents the chip from being able to accelerate in a sorting machine and shooting out of the end of the envelope.

I’m looking to ship a barrel of chips.
I’m also looking to ship 3 to 7 chips.
What do you guys suggest ?
I do not have an account or label printer .
Thank you!
Joe

I’m looking to ship a barrel of chips.
I’m also looking to ship 3 to 7 chips.
What do you guys suggest ?
I do not have an account or label printer .
Thank you!
Joe
Go to PayPal ship now. If you have a paypal account. You can ship them either first class or flat rate and print the labels on regular paper with tracking included.

Let me know if you need more help.

Also, any word on those purple $1 Thunderbird chips?

David

The guy is priced too high for you I am afraid. I tried, will keep looking.

Thank you for the reply.
What envelope/package do you prefer for a barrel?
Any pictures of your process specifically for single barrels?

The guy is priced too high for you I am afraid. I tried, will keep looking.

Thank you for the reply.
What envelope/package do you prefer for a barrel?
Any pictures of your process specifically for single barrels?

For replaceable chips I have used the 6x9 or larger bubble mailer. I put the chips in the see through notebook sheets that most use for their collections. I then tape those to some cardboard and put them in the bubble mailer. This should be about 8 - 9 ounces in total weight. First Class - package/thick envelope weighing 8 oz package will cost about $3.18 with tracking included. 9 oz will cost you $3.34.

For irreplaceable chips I spend the extra and ship them in a SFRB wrapped well Indies of a SFRE.

Let the know what you can get them for(his price). I think I need 27 more and I will be a happy chip collector!

@Tommy do you know if you can put chips in a SFRB and then put that box into a SFR padded envelope to ship? if so whats the max chips you think can ship this way?

My favorite chip-wrap method... I'm sure many of you have received chips from me this way!

Alternate title: Please Do NOT Use Cling Wrap!

I’ve wrapped and unwrapped (for shipping) loads of chips using the stretch wrap (kind you’d find on a shipping dock) and it works really well... and guarantee I can get a barrel unwrapped faster than what was show in the video. :)

I hate cling wrap, cuz it’s harder to get on and it doesn’t compress the chips tightly together.

69ABC8F8-ECA4-483E-9BF8-081C08B6C33F.jpeg
FE1F1B2C-1FD4-4F52-8C59-5015B6CEB44A.jpeg
A6809FDA-0713-49D5-A9FB-826C1518382E.jpeg
274B327D-9952-4571-8376-1A9B7CC18682.jpeg
9A78E892-9B56-45CD-98CA-B13FB029CCE9.jpeg

@Tommy do you know if you can put chips in a SFRB and then put that box into a SFR padded envelope to ship? if so whats the max chips you think can ship this way?
You can get two white chip boxes (100 chips each, so 200 total) in a SFRB (with a second one sleeved over it and taped up). Done right, it fits into a Priority Flat Rate padded envelope (I use two for extra padding). You can get an extra roll of 20 chips in there, too (I use a taped up and bubble-wrapped zip-lock bag).

You can get two white chip boxes (100 chips each, so 200 total) in a SFRB (with a second one sleeved over it and taped up). Done right, it fits into a Priority Flat Rate padded envelope (I use two for extra padding). You can get an extra roll of 20 chips in there, too (I use a taped up and bubble-wrapped zip-lock bag).
So 200 chips comfortably in a small padded envelope with another padded envelope over that for more protection

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom