PLEASE BE AWARE HACKER(S) ACTIVE (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
brute force attacks don't work anymore.

anything used for authentication off the shelf is going to time out the account after some number of login attempts that will make a brute force attack fail.
This is only true in a limited number of use cases - like web sites which would be first flag a DDOS attack at the speeds today's brute force attacks operate at.

Here is one that you don't want to risk "brute force doesn't work on" - your home router.

The last I checked, which was over two years ago, you could brute force a 12 character password in less than 2 days using an off the shelf video cards (regardless of the type of characters you use).

The last I checked, which was over two years ago, you could brute force a 12 character password in less than 2 days using an off the shelf video cards (regardless of the type of characters you use).

Do you have a source for this? This is only true if the password is 12 lowercase characters only.

Last edited:
Yikes, I thought something was up because my account said it was locked for security and that a password reset had been sent (I hadn't tried to log in or out at all recently so it seemed odd). Guessing someone was trying to get in but didn't :eek:

Yikes, I thought something was up because my account said it was locked for security and that a password reset had been sent (I hadn't tried to log in or out at all recently so it seemed odd). Guessing someone was trying to get in but didn't :eek:
At least 5 accounts hacked within a few hours. Please make sure your security settings are up-to-date. If a vendor account gets hacked and starts scamming people, the shit would really hit the fan.

anything used for authentication off the shelf is going to time out the account after some number of login attempts that will make a brute force attack fail.
I think you would be unpleasantly surprised at the number of websites that don’t use modern, off the shelf auth solutions

Through a halfway decent web interface, yeah, but not if you have a copy of the DB and can poke/prod it on your own system at your own leisure.

At least 5 accounts hacked within a few hours. Please make sure your security settings are up-to-date. If a vendor account gets hacked and starts scamming people, the shit would really hit the
At least 5 accounts hacked within a few hours. Please make sure your security settings are up-to-date. If a vendor account gets hacked and starts scamming people, the shit would really hit the fan.
Yeah for sure. Changed password and set up two factor authentication

I'll put this PSA out there again, and @horseshoez can back me up on this.

Use a credit card with purchase protection for your purchases and link it to your Paypal account. Paypal usually isn't worth shite when it comes to arbitrating refunds. From what I've heard and can gather, getting refunds from them is like pulling teeth.

Thanks for the heads up @Poppin92 . About to change my password to this site.
I would agree 100% - however if you use your credit card and pay F&F doesn’t it charge as a cash advance..?
Given the risk of hacks - I would gladly add the the service fee for G&S onto the price paid.

This is only true in a limited number of use cases - like web sites which would be first flag a DDOS attack at the speeds today's brute force attacks operate at.

Here is one that you don't want to risk "brute force doesn't work on" - your home router.

oh good news, this means passwords are uncrackible since there are not GPUs on the shelf.

im pretty sure this site has precautions setups for login attempts. theres no way you can brute force 12 character PW/. 475,920,314,814,253,376,475,136 thats how many possible entries there are. With my 6 3070s i get 370 mh/s that would still take 357297533 hours

oh good news, this means passwords are uncrackible since there are not GPUs on the shelf.

im pretty sure this site has precautions setups for login attempts. theres no way you can brute force 12 character PW/. 475,920,314,814,253,376,475,136 thats how many possible entries there are. With my 6 3070s i get 370 mh/s that would still take 357297533 hours
Thanks crypto ;)

I think this is not my job to adres this here . But as the person in question is me who went to trough just a hour ago, this is very concerning. So here it goes ;
@justincarothers listed a set for sale ;

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sold.72394/

I immediately called dibs as those chips were the exactly ones I was looking for
I paid $190 by PayPal and told him I’ll pay $135 in about a hour, the set was $325 shipped

I never dealt with @justincarothers so therefore his behavior wasn’t that suspicious at first, he was very inpatient and said he wanted the whole payment immediately and not even wait a hour. Now this is personal preference so I didn’t know what was going on. Okay first thing is first, Justin was HACKED , the person I was talking to wasn’t Justin and I should’ve know it because the flag on this profile wasn’t USA while location is Texas. But I’m relatively new here, so I didn’t catch up.
However, the guy who was portraying himself as Justin refunded me in hope to receive full payment to a other account.
Meanwhile @JeepologyOffroad pmed me about what was going on, that @justincarothers was hacked.
I’m very shocked, and this is very concerning. What will this mean for future deals ? Luckily I have my money back , but imagine if I made the whole $325 payment I would’ve gotten scammed for sure.
What shocks me here is he returned the $190 in hopes of getting a the whole $325. This hacker is most likely a small time hacker who isn't so bright. He had $190 already and you are lucky he was dumb and returned the $190 to you to try to get a little more money. A Major more experienced hacker would be trying to sell BTP, AS, CDIs or sets that would be able to get him bigger scores. He went for more obscure chips that not as many people be on the look out for. I'm glad it worked out for you. Was the Paypal address he was trying to use reported?

Last edited:
Did @chutracheese see this? It was his original Sales Thread that the hacker stole.

I hope the Singapore officials catch this scumbag. I went to Singapore to work for over a month in 2005. We were afraid to chew gum over there as it was not allowed and we were told the cops take spitting and littering seriously. They will deal with you over that stuff. I remember some US Ambassador's kid who was caned for Vandelizing cars over there. He was caught once so they warned him and then caught him again. They ruled that he needed to be caned. Bill Clinton who was President tried to step in, but to no avail.

In addition to 2-factor, it might also be helpful if your paypal email address (that you share with people) isn't the same email as your account login here. Just sayin' it's not hard to brute force most peoples (short ass) passwords these days. The keyword for today is PassPhrase (think sentence).

I just got one too.
My roommates old passwords were always math problems. 3plusonequals4 in a random number to word format.

He's the biggest idiot I know (and I say that endearing), but I was like.... That's freaking genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom