My New Case for 600 43mm Tourney Set in Justin Racks From mycasebuilder.com (1 Viewer)

Blazin65

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
After looking into all the options I decided to pull the trigger on a custom foam case to carry around my 43mm ceramic tourney set, 600 chips in the Justin racks. I wanted room for 4 decks and two dealer buttons. After a lot of playing around in the online design tool, I settled on this case and design. Really happy with the whole process and mycasebuilder.com. Only took about 2.5 weeks from order to delivery. They have a 15% off promo right now NEWGEAR2024, so all in it was $115 (with the $9.99 design protection option). The case is solid and I really like the clasps they used.

Attachments

• EK060-3D.png
    EK060-3D.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 169
  • EK060-Layout.png
    EK060-Layout.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 157
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 163
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 173
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 182
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Awesome, which case did you go with? I'm assuming the foam is deep enough to hold a 2nd rack underneath, is there a way to copy-paste your design or would I have to copy it manually?

Ya, the center area is deep enough to hold two racks stacked on top of each other. The case is the EKO60. I'm not sure about copy/pasting the design, I dont see any function on the website to let me export it somehow. I think the best you could do is review that layout I posted above and try to copy it yourself. Which may be the better option because then you can fine tune it to the specific chips/decks/dealer buttons you would be putting in yours.

I've never seen the Pelican latches. But I really like these latches. They have a button/tab on the inside of the latch that you pull first, which takes the pressure off and releases them to be opened. Not sure I'm describing this effectively, but hopefully you know what I mean. I circled where these are in the pics below. They are behind the bottom part of the latch when its closed. You can just barely see it sticking out below the latch in the second pic.

I guessing this case is not as heavy duty as a Pelican of similar size. But its probably half the price? And IMO it is by far strong enough for storing poker chips. Very happy with it. I've got 600 43mm Chips in Justin racks, 4 decks, and 2 dealer buttons in it. It is definitely heavy, but it feels very secure when carrying.

1710767852073.png

1710767975798.png

Last edited:
Not sure I'm describing this effectively, but hopefully you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean and that’s great. That’s the kind of feature I’d want on the latches so they aren’t so difficult to open.

Now that you have the completed case and have used it, is there anything you would do differently with the foam design? Sizing or depths of cut outs? Additions/deletions?

I think I’m going to follow your lead so any suggestions, even minor, would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Lance

The only thing I'd change is to increase the width of the card slots a little. My Modiano card box doesn't fit, its probably 1/4" too thick. I sized the slot to fit a Copag card box (which you can see fits perfectly in the picture), but the Modiano case is jus a bit thicker. That is pretty trivial, but I'd just say to think about exactly which cards/card box you'd be looking to fit in there first, so you can accommodate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom