New case from MyCaseBuilder.com (1 Viewer)

Natskule

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Just got a case in from MyCaseBuilder.com. Came out perfect, everything snuggly fits where it's supposed to. Their design tool worked great, I got the failsafe protection, but didn't need it, foam came out great the first time.

1100 43mm chips, 2 decks of cards, 2 dealer buttons, and circus game cards in a HPRC 2700. Just need my labels from Gear and I'll be good to go.

PXL_20230921_184515744.jpg
PXL_20230921_190035013.jpg

Looks great. Well done. I have played with their designer a bit. Questions...
  1. What case is that?
  2. How much tolerance did you build in. E.g. if the rack is x mm did you make the holes exactly x or something like x + 1?
  3. Did you use layers? Does that yellow foam come up as a layer to get to the bottom racks or is it one layer and you reach down in for the bottom racks?
Edited because HPRC 2700 specified in OP

Looks great. Well done. I have played with their designer a bit. Questions...
  1. What case is that?
  2. How much tolerance did you build in. E.g. if the rack is x mm did you make the holes exactly x or something like x + 1?
  3. Did you use layers? Does that yellow foam come up as a layer to get to the bottom racks or is it one layer and you reach down in for the bottom racks?
Edited because HPRC 2700 specified in OP
I gave myself an 1/8 of an inch extra, to make it easier to get stuff out. Except the dealer buttons they are exact and snug.

One layer, they do a color for the top, bottom of the holes as well, yellow, red, blue or black I think. I made 2 inch finger holes for the chips instead of the standard ones, made it easier to lift the bottom rack out. Hopefully this picture helps.

PXL_20230921_204507887.jpg

I gave myself an 1/8 of an inch extra, to make it easier to get stuff out. Except the dealer buttons they are exact and snug.

One layer, they do a color for the top, bottom of the holes as well, yellow, red, blue or black I think. I made 2 inch finger holes for the chips instead of the standard ones, made it easier to lift the bottom rack out. Hopefully this picture helps.

View attachment 1198708
Yes, this helps a lot! Thanks. Raises other questions though...

The bottom left rack hole is only 1 rack deep. Is that milled same as the others and you put in a spacer or is it milled more shallow? A spacer would allow for expansion of one more rack in the future. If it is a spacer, is there a way to request that from mycasebuilder?

Where did you get the circus cards?

Is there a way to download the design file and share on this thread in case others want to copy? I love this case. If I make one, I might modify the design to hold 2 setups. Maybe a separate spot for seating chips too if I could fit those in.

Yes, this helps a lot! Thanks. Raises other questions though...

The bottom left rack hole is only 1 rack deep. Is that milled same as the others and you put in a spacer or is it milled more shallow? A spacer would allow for expansion of one more rack in the future. If it is a spacer, is there a way to request that from mycasebuilder?

Where did you get the circus cards?

Is there a way to download the design file and share on this thread in case others want to copy? I love this case. If I make one, I might modify the design to hold 2 setups. Maybe a separate spot for seating chips too if I could fit those in.
Yes, that hole is just 1 rack deep. It's made that way, as the set is only 1100 chips. I thought about a spacer, or just using an empty rack, so more chips could be added, but decided against it as I'm giving this set away to my cousins and I highly doubt they will be expanding the set, and if they do they can figure it out. I assume they could make a foam spacer, but you would have to ask them. Don't know why they couldn't.

Got the circus game cards from a group buy on here, years ago. Search for mixed game cards or something like that, someone might be selling some as I think they made a couple of batches.

Don't think so. I can share shapes to other users, but the only shape I saved is the Matsui rack as I tried them in several cases. 3" x 8.875" and then the depth you want. Mine are flush, but they can stick out a bit if you want.

This is pure hotness.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda bumming on the spray foamed Apache 4800 interior I've got. It's ok but doesn't have that long term robust feel

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom