Repurposed military case (1 Viewer)

mlawrence125

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I am newer to this forum and world, but not new to squirlling away an item because I can "use it one day". Well today is that day! My neighbor was tossing 2 of these cases to the curb and I immediately snatched them up. I wouldn't let a perfectly good pressure valve lockable hard case go to the street rats or trash. My wife rolled her eyes and said "really, what are you going to use them for?" I told her a pistol case, but I also thought these would be great for chips. Looks similar in size to the apache cases from harbor freight everyone loves and have closed cell foam in them.

I received my racks from @justincarothers today and immediately went to work. Laid out some of the cases to see how many would fit, and grabbed a sharpie and knife. Cut out some foam and it easily fits 5 racks side by side. If I cut out the foam on top, I could easily get 1,000 chips in here, and I'd bet if I remove the foam from the left and right edges I might get another 2 racks for a total of 1,200. Not bad for a curb grab!

Attachments

• 20231103_172719.jpg
    20231103_172719.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20231103_172754.jpg
    20231103_172754.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 20231103_173524.jpg
    20231103_173524.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 20231103_173622.jpg
    20231103_173622.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 109
I am newer to this forum and world, but not new to squirlling away an item because I can "use it one day". Well today is that day! My neighbor was tossing 2 of these cases to the curb and I immediately snatched them up. I wouldn't let a perfectly good pressure valve lockable hard case go to the street rats or trash. My wife rolled her eyes and said "really, what are you going to use them for?" I told her a pistol case, but I also thought these would be great for chips. Looks similar in size to the apache cases from harbor freight everyone loves and have closed cell foam in them.

I received my racks from @justincarothers today and immediately went to work. Laid out some of the cases to see how many would fit, and grabbed a sharpie and knife. Cut out some foam and it easily fits 5 racks side by side. If I cut out the foam on top, I could easily get 1,000 chips in here, and I'd bet if I remove the foam from the left and right edges I might get another 2 racks for a total of 1,200. Not bad for a curb grab!

Ask your neighbor to let you know before they throw anything else away... good grab.

Maybe for the second case 600 chips and a pistol?

Ask your neighbor to let you know before they throw anything else away... good grab.

Maybe for the second case 600 chips and a pistol?
Well I definitely planned on one for a cash set and one for a tourney set. I think the cash set with some built-in protection is a solid idea haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom