Player out "button" (1 Viewer)

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This idea came up as a derail in a different thread, where @BGinGA mentioned needing more GTFO buttons so the dealer wouldn't accidently deal to a player that was out, but still sitting at the table.

In my games however, I like the eliminated players to remain at the table. We're primarily a social group, and telling someone to "get the f*** out" wouldn't sit well here. But trying to get players to just deal to stacks instead of people has been a losing battle.

So I came up with this...
Deal over there.jpg

It would be on the OWPS 85mm plaque.

Looking for
  • Suggestions for improvement
  • Thoughts on the entire concept
  • Should the B-side should have the same image or something different.
  • Edge Design (currently thinking solid red, or maybe a single horizontal stripe).

or Deal Me Out if they are on a smoke break

Do you guys deal out a smoker in a tournament?

We'll do it in a cash game, but that's based on the more fluid nature of a cash game. Our tournament rules specify that all players get a hand and an absent player's hand is killed immediately on the finish of the deal (not on the action being on the absent player).

Do you guys deal out a smoker in a tournament?

We'll do it in a cash game, but that's based on the more fluid nature of a cash game. Our tournament rules specify that all players get a hand and an absent player's hand is killed immediately on the finish of the deal (not on the action being on the absent player).

This plaque would only be for cash games (or Tourney players that are busted out but still sitting there...), anyone with a live tournament stack is supposed to get cards and then muck them if not back to their seat by the deal to the button..... I think the idea being that the cards being dealt in the tournament need to go in the correct order so that someone can't "mess up" the deal by being absent, anyway that's how I've always taken the rule in tournaments......

This plaque would only be for cash games (or Tourney players that are busted out but still sitting there...), anyone with a live tournament stack is supposed to get cards and then muck them if not back to their seat by the deal to the button..... I think the idea being that the cards being dealt in the tournament need to go in the correct order so that someone can't "mess up" the deal by being absent, anyway that's how I've always taken the rule in tournaments......

That's us too.

@Poker Zombie talked about using these plaques for "eliminated players," so I assumed it was a tournament setting, but I guess it doesn't have to be (cash players can be eliminated). When @monkeydog suggested the flipside could be say "Deal Me Out" and be used for players on a smoker break, I was confused. Just trying to clarify.

Love the front side! I'd put optional text on the flip side for those dealers who didn't get it the first time:

Yo, learn to read.

~ NO CARDS ~

Just skip me please.....

with a similar zombie image as the front.

Or maybe something more related to Zombies: "I'm out of brains." "I'm just a social zombie, not a player." etc.

I'm digging the plaques more than the GTFO buttons, although those can certainly come in handy occasionally. :sneaky:

I like the idea of a missed blind for the B-side. Our house rules for tournament play allow for a player sit out 1 orbit before deciding to rebuy, but they will be responsible for all blinds missed while deciding.

The 1 orbit rule was voted on a few years back, because a number players like to check with their spouse before making the rebuy decision. Because this is not much different than the pause one can take in a re-entry tournament, I let it go (with the obvious exception of a tournament with antes, where rebuy intent must be made immediately once antes are in play).

The "Out of Brains" and "I'm just a social zombie, not a player" ideas are great, but I would need a much larger order.

I'm also now considering a larger plaque. After doing a quick paper version, I think the 85mm doesn't quite make enough of a statement.

I know that you have cards that designate where people will be sitting but I think it would be cool to have the seat number and table color on the other side. Then everyone draws a plaque to determine table and seat number and when they bust they can flip it over. Would this require a minimum of 5 or each table number?
I have the same problems with misdeals late at night when people are sitting at the table. This is a great idea.

I know that you have cards that designate where people will be sitting but I think it would be cool to have the seat number and table color on the other side. Then everyone draws a plaque to determine table and seat number and when they bust they can flip it over. Would this require a minimum of 5 or each table number?
I have the same problems with misdeals late at night when people are sitting at the table. This is a great idea.

Table and Seat number was my first choice, but there's pesky minimums to contend with. I wouldn't be opposed to a group buy to reach those minimums, but as hard as it is to believe, cartoon zombies aren't what everyone is looking for in a seating card.

Maybe you could do seating plaques group buy and as the organizer, the vendor would do a custom side for you (say 20 of your zombie design) where everyone else gets a more standard I'M OUT, DEAL THERE design

You could try a large piece of plywood and make the player not in the tourney hold it up. You could drill a small hole and have them talk through it.

It’s either than or go the route of some others and just start banning people.

Zombie masks FTW. You don't deal to dead people. :p

Honestly, if the lack of any chips in front of someone doesn't stop them from getting a hand, I'm not seeing how a marker of any size or description sitting on the table is going to improve the situation. (Not that I've NEVER done this - and in those cases I don't think a plaque would help me either. :oops:)

It might not actually help, but once @Mrs Poker Zombie gave the thumbs up, they were going to be made. :D

I'm hoping the bright red background will be noticeable enough, but this is how I expect this to play out in reality...

• Player 1 (let's call her Charlene) gets eliminated
  • Player 2 cuts the deck to Player 3, because shuffle behind is how the cool kids shuffle. Player 2 doesn't need a name, their job in this example is done. Lets call Player 3 Jason.
  • The table Notifies the record keeper (Liz) that there was an elimination, and by who.
  • Liz tosses a "Deal Over There" plaque in front of Charlene.
  • Charlene picks up the plaque to read it.
  • Jason, who has already started dealing tosses a card to Charlene.
  • On the second orbit of dealing, more Charlene gets a second card.
  • Charlene puts down the plaque, sees she has two cards and makes a joke.
  • A misdeal is declared.
  • Someone says "I didn't like these cards anyway" and everyone laughs, except that one guy who was dealt pocket aces.
So, yeah... these will have some limited effect, but that's OK. I don't have a sample set of OWPS 94mm plaques... yet :cautious:

After looking at similar sized plaques, we are upgrading these to full 107mm plaques. I predict a number of "here's your sign" jokes as players are eliminated.

Still have some design work to do (mostly colorization), but here's an early look at what we have so far...

Deal over there 107mm.jpg

Missed Blind.jpg

...still open to ideas, suggestions... anything to improve this project.

It does look like a 7. Maybe just raise the image on the zombie ' s shirt? Not sure how easy that would be.

Had a little time over the holidays and completed the art. Color disk samples from Old West seem to indicate that colors print much darker than they appear on screen. Other Old West projects 've had dome (Buttons, card cappers, and Bonus chips) seem to reflect this as well, so the colors on this look super bright, but I strongly suspect that they won't print as bright, looking much closer to the original sketch colors.

Deal over there 107mm.jpg

Running Edge 107mm.jpg

Missed Blind 107mm.jpg

Yeah, I'd take at least a couple of "deal over there" plaques if offered.

Probably don't need more than eight (10 seats, heads-up)..... per table .....

Okay, put me down for four.

I'll offer up as many extras as people would like. Will give it until after the New Year before placing the order.

Sal's PCF price for 2017 was $5.65 for the 107mm. Add shipping and you will have ballpark pricing. I'll collect once I'm ready to ship.

I've got BGinGA down for 4.

I'll offer up as many extras as people would like. Will give it until after the New Year before placing the order.

Sal's PCF price for 2017 was $5.65 for the 107mm. Add shipping and you will have ballpark pricing. I'll collect once I'm ready to ship.

I've got BGinGA down for 4.
I'll also take 4

Rolling count (so I don't need to scroll through when it come time to order):
BGinGA: 4
CraigT: 4
Forty 4: 4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom