Player Left Without Counting His Money WWYD? (1 Viewer)

I didn’t read all 5 pages, so if this is already suggested, sorry. It boggles my mind how hosts that deal predominately with cash do have one of these…. Seems like it would go a long way to solving OP’s issue. Just run the cash through the machine right in front of him……problem solved.
IMG_7115.jpeg

I didn’t read all 5 pages, so if this is already suggested, sorry. It boggles my mind how hosts that deal predominately with cash do have one of these…. Seems like it would go a long way to solving OP’s issue. Just run the cash through the machine right in front of him……problem solved.
View attachment 1273733
My game does not get big enough for this, but if it did I would definitely have one. A small price to pay.

My game does not get big enough for this, but if it did I would definitely have one. A small price to pay.
It's not a matter of size, it's a matter of style. Just pick up a counter, invoke new rule:

Buy-ins in $100 or $20 bills only, all pay-outs in $1s.

Host gets a new toy, payouts are fast and accurate, and winners go home with huge stacks -- win win win.

Bonus is that business at the local strip club probably increases.

View attachment 1273733
I might begrudgingly use one of these if I had to count an obscene amount of cash in a limited time.

Outside of that, I have to count by hand. I don't trust machines when it's the difference between my money being right or not. Still roll coins by hand too.

Besides, I count really fast.

View attachment 1273733
Every good cash game needs a money counter!

And therein lies the paradox, if we ban @JLK8 , we are assured we never hear the end of story. Someone should instead just hack his pcf account and post any story so we can believe there's an ending.
I don't think it's @JLK8 , it's the guy he ripped off checking to see if anyone reported a missing person to the authorities.

Fellas… appreciate all the comments and advice. I’m so sorry I went MIA I didn’t think the post would continue to get traction and people so interested in the update :oops:

The long awaited update: I called the player the next day and talked about it. The box was over $200. I expressed my confusion on how we counted it out on the table and then told him to count it before he leaves but he just kind of trusted the count. With the game being relatively new and him being a new player there we came to the agreement that $250 would be fair. I agreed because $50 in the red was no big deal in my eyes to at least come to a resolution and since the box was over somehow anyway. I attribute any mistakes that night to exhaustion and lack of attention to both parties.

Since then I’ve had my games every single week and have not been over or under since.

I hope I made some of you happy with my return and won’t leave you guys hanging again lmao

Fellas… appreciate all the comments and advice. I’m so sorry I went MIA I didn’t think the post would continue to get traction and people so interested in the update :oops:

The long awaited update: I called the player the next day and talked about it. The box was over $200. I expressed my confusion on how we counted it out on the table and then told him to count it before he leaves but he just kind of trusted the count. With the game being relatively new and him being a new player there we came to the agreement that $250 would be fair. I agreed because $50 in the red was no big deal in my eyes to at least come to a resolution and since the box was over somehow anyway. I attribute any mistakes that night to exhaustion and lack of attention to both parties.

Since then I’ve had my games every single week and have not been over or under since.

I hope I made some of you happy with my return and won’t leave you guys hanging again lmao
Thank you for the update.

Annoying that you happened to be off by a different amount than he said he was off, but it sounds like messes were made and it got cleaned up in a tolerable way.

Thank you for the explanation. Now it’s time to get back to the mystery of Windwalkers mystery box that we have been waiting for a status since thanksgiving on. It’s like a PCF cold case files episode. :)

I’m sorry… what are we talking about again?

View attachment 1273733
If I am at a game that needs one of these, I know I am out of my depth.

Really weird that he was missing $500 but the box was up $200.

So many possibilities… His chip count was off? He mistakenly got only $300 he was owed and lost it? He got his full payment, lost it, but there was some totally separate payout mistake that no one caught?

I honestly might have been tempted to either stand firm (his responsibility to leave with the right amount) or only give him the $200, but if $250 splits the fault and keeps the peace, then that seems OK.

Thinking we should set up $300 GoFundMe to make OP/guest whole. This thread has been enormously entertaining, yet unresolved. I’ll send the first $10!

IMG_6070.gif

Last edited:

You're so lucky. I was >this< close to posting another meme berating you a second time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom