Picking a mold... (1 Viewer)

Would it be crazy for me to get some vinyl labels made and put them on the blanks to get an idea how it will look? o_O

By what definition? Sometimes we pay more than 20x face value to have chips made that are exchanged for nickles in our home games. I mean, you're a chipper, so...no, it's not crazy. But chipping in itself is a little crazy, so...yes.

Would it be crazy for me to get some vinyl labels made and put them on the blanks to get an idea how it will look?

I printed and cut paper "labels" before finalizing the Zombie Foodie chips. I took some flak for my inability to use scissors proficiently, but it paid off immensely on getting everything (including the "10 to 4" stripe) exactly right.

So, if you are following a chipper's lead.... yes.

By what definition? Sometimes we pay more than 20x face value to have chips made that are exchanged for nickles in our home games. I mean, you're a chipper, so...no, it's not crazy. But chipping in itself is a little crazy, so...yes.

20X face for nickles? Where????!!!!!! :)

Would it be crazy for me to get some vinyl labels made and put them on the blanks to get an idea how it will look? o_O

I've printed test labels on paper, cut them to size, and used double-sided tape to stick them on chips (not necessarily blanks) just to get a rough idea of what they would look like. They don't need to be perfectly round -- close is more than sufficient.

Late to the response party, but pretty much nothing is considered crazy around here.... especially if the long-term goal is nicer-looking chips.

Late to the response party, but pretty much nothing is considered crazy around here.... especially if the long-term goal is nicer-looking chips.

Well, not getting color samples for CPC customs would be kinda crazy, but I don't think that happens very often.

I'll try printing my own. If I end up using the the B mold, I won't use an inlay with the script font. Better to use a font similar to the B on the mold.

Here we go... (I only have a b&w laser printer) :( The label is 7/8".

20150505_194530.jpg
20150505_194555.jpg
20150505_194724.jpg

Any of these molds can work....

B-mold: Broken Bell name
HHR: Horse and carriage transportation is still present in Philly today.
A-mold: Liberty bell..American..two A's in Philadelphia and one in PA

I don't like the A mold with it personally. The B mold and horsehead look great though. I wish either of those would have worked with my design!

It was transported by horses... :)

Libbell1908.jpeg

Liberty_Bell_at_Bunker_Hill_1903.jpg

Circle square? Nice generic mold
That is a nice mold too. My order for this theme would be:

B-Mold
HHR
A-Mold
CSQ

I think the HHR will work best . If the B-mold had more room for not perfectly centered inlays, I would go with it.

Courtesy of Bergs Truman's chips...

bb-b.jpg

nothing even close to B for the theme...

I haven't been able to chime in much on the design threads lately (apologies to all; there's been a BUNCH of them, and I've been busy...) but to me it would be an absolute crime if this set was NOT produced on the B-mold. The inlays will be centered - Jim and Co. are VERY good at what they do - just make sure that with the rush of business they've been having that they haven't hired anyone named Endy. :p

When are the BGinGA chips coming? :D

but to me it would be an absolute crime if this set was NOT produced on the B-mold.

David said he is going to check his inlay B-mold samples to see how close to the line they are. He did not think they were that close. So there is still a chance.

When are the BGinGA chips coming? :D

There won't be any BGinGA chips.... might be ASoP chips on the A mold one day, though.

And I'm actually considering a B-mold set in these mock-ups using Blue Diamond artwork. I am very pleased with the tourney chip colors.

How can you not love that...... especially if you capture the B font in your artwork......

I'm going to jump on the B mold bandwagon here.

Obvious answer is obvious

yeah B mold all. the. way. easiest call in the history of calling and the history of things.

How can you not love that...... especially if you capture the B font in your artwork......

and this would be fantastic as well.

I would just capture the B image from the chip, and use a reasonable serif-font for the other letters.

Have not decided on the mold yet but I printed a color label at work. (shitty printer)

bb-color.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom