PerthMike's 2019 Vegas Trip Report (1 Viewer)

Earl of Sandwich is a good place to grab a sandwich btw. I've been craving one since I was in Vegas last :(

Paella at Jaleo.

The secret of Secret Pizza is that it’s okay pizza for thrice the price of a normal slice. 50/50 is actually pretty decent at Aria on strip. I live in NYC, so trust me on this for a moment.

But, if you ever feel like you want to explore the East Village/SoHo of NYC without ever going there, check out some of the other places in the Cosmo (milk, Beauty and Essex, eg)

I’ve been dying to eat at David Chang’s Momofuku at some point this weekend if you or any other members wanna join for a semi affordable kickass meal.

Just the Big 50.
I dunno about anybody else, but I'm expecting to see an all-PCF final table at this event, along with an outstanding array of magnificent custom chip card cappers. No better way to hold an impromtu PCF meetup than for nine chippers to be playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars of other people's money at the end. :D

Go get 'em, guys! :tup:

Chips going out to the tables. Looks like Bud Jones set.

9CFB70EF-2D80-4B77-868F-CC2D8F58D792.jpeg

the good, the bad and the ugly music came on as I walked up the stage stairs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You'll hear that a lot at the WSOP, I think it's their "cue" music to get started or close to starting. I'm jealous that my WSOP trip is 3 weeks away......! :unsure:

The secret of Secret Pizza is that it’s okay pizza for thrice the price of a normal slice. 50/50 is actually pretty decent at Aria on strip. I live in NYC, so trust me on this for a moment.

I just looked that up. The correct name is “Five50 pizza” correct? It looks good! I’m definitely putting that on the list for next time I’m in town!

You’ve clearly not mastered the art of the “fake selfie” where you pretend to be taking a photo of yourself having fun on holiday but you’re actually taking a photo of the table dancer over your left shoulder... Man, I’ve got so much to teach you :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Stalker Picture Lessons... @courage @k9dr

Also considering that what most Americans consider 'cream' requires no refrigeration tells you all you need to know about American coffee.
I'll even add that most everyone that adds cream to their coffee probably doesn't understand coffee.

That out of the way I decided to drive to the crown and anchor British pub on East Tropicana Ave
I'd love to hear your opinion of Crown and Anchor. It's one of my regular places when I have a vehicle when in Vegas, but have often wondered how it would stack up to an actual UK pub.

My next move was to get confused at the petrol station, as I didn't realise that you had to pay first. Weird.
If there is a way to scam the system, someone in America has done it. Drive and dash was a serious problem for a while, and now virtually every "gas" station requires money up front.

Oh and I stopped off at in n out burgers and had the double cheese. The burger tasted pretty great to be fair, but as well as being a coffee snob, I'm also a burger snob, and i've had burgers from at least 3 hipster burger joints in Perth that are definitely better.
Others have commented on this, but I will agree... In n Out is vastly overrated. I made a trip there once, and do not need to ever return. I have yet to find a chain burger that is anything more than a alternative to starving.

Oh and the chips were shit :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
They're fries, and yes, they are shit.

Other comments to go along with previous comments by others: Denny's is an average breakfast at a good price. Again, it's food that keeps you from starving to death, but it's nothing memorable. If you are over budget, Denny's is the breakfast answer.

A lot of people discuss Secret Pizza, which isn't bad, but it's not NY pizza. The best pizza in Vegas (IMO) is Pizza Rock, located downtown on 3rd. They have 5 different pizza ovens, all cooking at different temperatures and different fuel sources (electric, gas, wood fired) to get the particular style of pizza crust you want absolutely perfect.

Not that I have a lot of pizza in Vegas experience but Grimaldi in Venetian is fantastic IMO

Black Bear Diner, Peppermill, and Mr. Mama's are great for breakfast
I havent been to Black Bear (it is on my radar though). Peppermill had lines out the door the last time I was there, so I bypassed it (I had a laptop in my car and it was summertime). Mr Mamas is my #1 choice for breakfast in Vegas when I have a car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom