PerthMike's 2019 Vegas Trip Report (2 Viewers)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
So I've finally arrived after a 10 hour flight and a 5.5 hour drive from LAX. Because of traffic at 2pm (wtf) it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to drive the first 80 miles. It cleared up and I put my foot down after that in did the final 200 miles 2 hours and 40 minutes.

My big mistake was accepting the upgrade to a full sized car. I'm now driving a giant SUV on the wrong side of the road, when my daily drive is a vw polo. Also I don't have a sat nav and I can only use my phone on wifi so I totally missed the i-105 at first and had to stop in a Starbucks for directions. Rookie movie, LA is not a fun place to drive around when you don't know your way. Oh well, I only made one wrong turn so that's pretty good.

I'm completely annihilated, so no poker for me tonight, but I do need to stay up for a while, so I might wander off and try to harvest some stuff for an hour or two.

Oh and first impressions of Vegas are WOW. It's bloody huge

Room seems decent. The guy commented on how cheap my rate was. I didn't bother asking for an upgrade, but he did say he'd moved me away from the elevators so it would be quieter.
IMG_20190529_042802.jpg

IMG_20190529_042816.jpg

IMG_20190529_042813.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the states! I hope that you enjoy your trip to Vegas.

Posting to sub as well. So glad you made it safe and sound. Driving on the opposite side of the road is pretty unnerving until you get used to it. Especially dropping straight into LA :)

Vegas is awesome. Have a blast!

As many times as I've been to Vegas, I can never sleep my first night in town. It works out good for the schedule though. The best poker is late at night. So I stay up all night the first night, sleep all day the next day and wake up in the afternoon ready and refreshed for a long evening and night of poker.

Welcome to the USA! Sorry you had to drive through LA traffic, that's the pits.

Have fun and run good!

Welcome to the USA! Sorry you had to drive through LA traffic, that's the pits.

Have fun and run good!
Haha thanks. Rather amusingly I was starving and needed to pee almost as soon as I turned into the i-105. Unfortunately I didn't find somewhere I felt comfortable turning off for almost 3 hours, which was the 80 mile mark. Much longer and I might have have died from the pain of holding it in lol

Tried striking up a conversation with the Bally's cage guy, asking noob questions about the way the lists work here, so that he'd feel sorry for me and sell me a mint rack, but it got busy so I gave up. I'll just play there I think and try to get a rack.

Total for my first short wander around, 22 mint condition and about another 8 worth keeping for my set.

IMG_20190528_225556.jpg

Oh and I found a pretty nice conditioned THC 5. I assumed they were mostly RHC now. I just randomly got given 6 in change and 4 were THC.
IMG_20190528_225618.jpg

I'm so tired now from all the flying, that was all I could manage. I woke up at 5am to drive to the airport, and in the timezone I left this morning it's actually 6am right now. Its time to pass out.

So I've finally arrived after a 10 hour flight and a 5.5 hour drive from LAX. Because of traffic at 2pm (wtf) it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to drive the first 80 miles. It cleared up and I put my foot down after that in did the final 200 miles 2 hours and 40 minutes.

so I totally missed the i-105 at first and had to stop in a Starbucks for directions. Rookie movie, LA is not a fun place to drive around when you don't know your way.

I've driven around LA many times.... enough to know I don't want to drive around LA.

For me it'd be worth it to hop a commuter jet to fly the LAX to LAS route and avoid all that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom