PerthMike's 2019 Vegas Trip Report

Reaction score
Last harvest photo, as I've got all the chips out to do my inventory check lol

Currently sitting at:
130 mint/near mint Paris (most from cage)
130 used, but cherry picked Paris
100 used, but cherry picked Harrah's
100 sharp/near mint Bally's
115 mint/near mint NYNY (most from cage)
100 mint MGM
70 mostly mint Luxors, some slightly used
200 mint/near mint Mandalay Bays
47 used but cherry picked Mandalay Bays
View attachment 297498
View attachment 297499
I'm hoping to fill out the third rack of Paris before I leave, if the wife lets me ;)
well done!!!

bradiggy

Pair
Reaction score
Cosmopolitan is easily the way to go if you can find a reasonable rate! The balcony is a game changer, actually slept (well, passed out) on our balcony last year. Next year, check out the wrap-around suite, my favorite room in Vegas by a long shot that isn't ten grand a night.

markleteenie

Flush
Reaction score
Last harvest photo, as I've got all the chips out to do my inventory check lol

Currently sitting at:
130 mint/near mint Paris (most from cage)
130 used, but cherry picked Paris
100 used, but cherry picked Harrah's
100 sharp/near mint Bally's
115 mint/near mint NYNY (most from cage)
100 mint MGM
70 mostly mint Luxors, some slightly used
200 mint/near mint Mandalay Bays
47 used but cherry picked Mandalay Bays
View attachment 297498
View attachment 297499
I'm hoping to fill out the third rack of Paris before I leave, if the wife lets me ;)
I don't really like the Luxor label, but those edge spots are HAWT!

Perthmike

Full House
Reaction score
I don't really like the Luxor label, but those edge spots are HAWT!
Don't worry, I'll be murdering them and redesigning a better, faux-shaped laminated label hopefully. Same with the Mandalays. They need to roughly match the style of the stardusts, in order to be a cohesive mixed set.

Perthmike

Full House
Reaction score
I also just asked in Walmart if they sold guns. I got some funny looks for that one, but they pointed me in the direction of dicks sporting goods, or apple valley Walmart lol

I just want to see guns for sale in a supermarket. That would make my trip complete.

Mattsme

High Hand
Reaction score
I just want to see guns for sale in a supermarket. That would make my trip complete.
First, great thread, I’ve really enjoyed it. I haven’t been to Vegas in a few years and now I’m planning a trip.

Second, if you want the true American experience, see below. There’s a buffet, gas pumps, and most of the guns are not behind a counter. ‘Murica!

3080231A-2CD8-4921-BAA9-D5A7784C2175.jpeg

Perthmike

Full House
Reaction score
Dick's here sells guns... Mostly long guns, tho.

Isn't there a kick-ass range in LVNV where you can rent fully autos?
Unfortunately I'm out of time. I was a bit early back to LA so I thought I'd go shopping for guns in grocery and sporting stores.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
lol, great security at that place, too.... pretty unlikely it EVER gets robbed. :D

Perthmike

Full House
Reaction score
Final post from America. Such an epic trip and I miss Vegas already. I'd love to come back again, and I'm really hoping it will be next year and maybe i can do a trip report as I destroy my bankroll playing crazy mixed games with @detroitdad and his Michigan crew.

The airport security were as officious and inefficient as I knew they would be. Luckily I expected such incompetence and arrived early. They were particularly suspicious of the 12 racks of chips I had split between both of our carry-ons :p

I've got a 14 hour flight to Brisbane and then another 5 to Perth. Luckily I'm in business class for the first leg, so I'll lay back and drink a few champagnes.
IMG_20190612_214712.jpg

Thanks all for following along the journey.

BonScot

Flush
Reaction score
Final post from America. Such an epic trip and I miss Vegas already. I'd love to come back again, and I'm really hoping it will be next year and maybe i can do a trip report as I destroy my bankroll playing crazy mixed games with @detroitdad and his Michigan crew.

The airport security were as officious and inefficient as I knew they would be. Luckily I expected such incompetence and arrived early. They were particularly suspicious of the 12 racks of chips I had split between both of our carry-ons :p

I've got a 14 hour flight to Brisbane and then another 5 to Perth. Luckily I'm in business class for the first leg, so I'll lay back and drink a few champagnes.
View attachment 298355

Thanks all for following along the journey.
It’s been a great read. Have a safe trip home.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
You have a standing invite brother!!!

Top Bottom