PCF Wine appreciation thread. (4 Viewers)

I’m embarrassed. I don’t know this?
Sine qua non is a California based cult winery. Very limited production wines -- in that era no two wines were the same and each release had a unique title and label. Chardonnay was not often produced by them, which makes that bottle extra special.

Had some wagyu ribeye with this tonight. Not the best Brunello, but acceptable

20230619_180017.jpg

Just saw this and had to share. Buckfast Tonic wine is the cause of many an arrest and subsequent fine or custodial sentence. It known as “wreck the hoose juice” over here.

Here’s a couple of shots of it in action…

IMG_8500.jpeg
IMG_8501.jpeg

Anyway on to the point of this post…

An American wine connoisseur made the mistake of reviewing buckfast… Here’s their tasting notes:

Buckfast Tonic Wine (No Vintage)

Screw cap, took it off about 30 minutes before to bring in some air. Apparently made by monks in England. Decided to try while cooking dinner. Poured into a glass, first glance has a very inky almost brownish color that you see in older wines. Very syrupy, liquid clings to the side of the glass when swirled. Almost 15% ABV.

Stuck my nose in and was hit with something I’ve never experienced before. Barnyardy funk (in a bad way) almost like a dead animal in a bird’s nest. A mix of flat Coca Cola and caramel with a whiff of gun metal.

On the palate, overwhelming sweetness and sugar. Cherry Cola mixed with Benadryl. Unlike anything I’ve tasted. I’m not sure what this liquid is but it is not wine, I’m actually not sure what it is but it tastes like something a doctor would prescribe. A chemical concoction of the highest degree. Can only compare it to a Four Loko.

Managed to make it through a couple small glasses but not much more. Has absolutely ruined the evening drinking-wise for me as I tried to drink a nice Bordeaux after but the iron-like metallic sweet aftertaste I just couldn’t get out of my mouth even after a few glasses of water. I don’t drink a lot of coffee regularly so I also have mild heart palpitations from the caffeine after just drinking a bit of this and feel a slight migraine.

An ungodly concoction made by seemingly godly men. I believe the Vatican needs to send an exorcist over to Buckfast Abbey as the devil’s works are cleary present there. After tasting this “wine,” the way I feel can only be described as akin to being under a bridge on one’s knees orally pleasing a vagrant while simultaneously drinking liquified meth through a dirty rag.

I’ve drank a lot of wines in my life and will never forget this one.

As the Greek saying goes, "drink, dance and enjoy now; nobody has ever returned from the world below"
Awfully un-christian, and reminiscent of ancient (pagan) Greek culture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom