PCF Wine appreciation thread. (3 Viewers)

Hope it was great, Paolo!

Doing well, thanks. Walking fine, rehab three times a week. Cute young dark-haired physical therapist who must have learned her trade from the Marquis de Sade. Expect to get the full activity go-ahead from the surgeon in ten days.

But that first week with no wine allowed while I was on the hydrocodone nearly drove me nuts! :cool I couldn't even look at this thread...

Last edited:
100156E7-0967-4FF7-B2CC-D147B9054B35.jpeg

Covid sucks ... this wine doesn’t. Should really be laying this down for several years, but giving it a go with some sausage pasta tonight.

Have any of you ever done the “Generous Pour” at Capital Grille? Usually done during the slow period to grab business, but I bet they are really struggling right now. Just wondering if anyone has and if it’s you thought it was worth it.

Effed up label -- mostly my fault, I tried to cram it into my wine fridge when I got it....didn't quite fit obviously. Anyway, this 2017 Thymiopoulos Xinomavro from Naoussa Greece is much better than the Xinomavro I recently posted. I love the mild yet spicy aspect of this wine. VERY FUN and delicious

20200912_203842.jpg

A lot of our favorite wineries have been offering some pretty decent specials to keep afloat between the pandemic and the fires. While I do feel bad...our cellar is healthier than it has been in a while lol.

DBC70F08-D7E2-4D06-8B93-E01E288B859A.jpeg

These are the 2 most recent restocks. Opposite ends of the palette spectrum - the Pangloss pinot is super light and smooth, whereas the Enkidu humbaba is full and spicy, but I love them both.

CC84D408-A90C-47E3-98D4-2110B475CA66.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom