PCF Wine appreciation thread. (5 Viewers)

A lot of our favorite wineries have been offering some pretty decent specials to keep afloat between the pandemic and the fires. While I do feel bad...our cellar is healthier than it has been in a while lol.

View attachment 557966

These are the 2 most recent restocks. Opposite ends of the palette spectrum - the Pangloss pinot is super light and smooth, whereas the Enkidu humbaba is full and spicy, but I love them both.
Is that a custom rack or kit?

Liberated a few bottles from the wine locker

Attachments

• 3838ADB1-2D79-464B-89F2-8075854EABFD.jpeg
    3838ADB1-2D79-464B-89F2-8075854EABFD.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 56
Wife is making her AWESOME chili with some cornbread today. Which wine should I choose?

Quick google search says: Consider a malbec, shiraz, tempranillo, or select cabernet sauvignons. Others recommend Cotes du Rhone or Zinfadel.

What say you fine people?

(I have got a Seghesio Zin, a Bodega Norton Malbec, a Campo Viejo Tempranillo, a Molly Dooker Shiraz, and a few Riojas ready to go.....)

Last edited:
Wife is making her AWESOME chili with some cornbread today. Which wine should I choose?

Quick google search says: Consider a malbec, shiraz, tempranillo, or select cabernet sauvignons. Others recommend Cotes du Rhone or Zinfadel.

What say you fine people?

(I have got a Seghesio Zin, a Bodega Norton Malbec, a Campo Viejo Tempranillo, a Molly Dooker Shiraz, and a few Riojas ready to go.....)

I would try for big bodied and sweet. The former because you'll need to taste it over the spiciness of the chili, and you may want the sweetness to contrast against it. Shira or Zin would probably be my choice, but several cabs and malbecs would likely make the grade.

I went to a wine tasting years ago and sampled some Insignia. That was my first “ah-ha” moment with wine. It’s not cheap!

Still have a few 750ml and magnums in my wine locker (1999, 2001,2002, and 2007) if memory serves me correctly. Memory questionable as the years go on. Lol!

I went to a wine tasting years ago and sampled some Insignia. That was my first “ah-ha” moment with wine. It’s not cheap!

Still have a few 750ml and magnums in my wine locker (1999, 2001,2002, and 2007) if memory serves me correctly. Memory questionable as the years go on. Lol!
dibs on 2002 and 2007

Yep. The 2002 was awarded Wine of the year in Wine Spectator. As soon as that happens the price skyrockets. The 02 and 07 are definitely the best years with the bottles that I have left.
The older I get the more I want to just drink with friends and not wait. They should be drinking well.

Yep. The 2002 was awarded Wine of the year in Wine Spectator. As soon as that happens the price skyrockets. The 02 and 07 are definitely the best years with the bottles that I have left.
The older I get the more I want to just drink with friends and not wait. They should be drinking well.
100 point score for the 2007

Yes, I know that they’d cellar for years to come. For me, it’s a matter of waiting for the right moment to enjoy with friends and family that appreciate wine and celebrate.

With that said, the older I get the less I want to wait and after awhile how much “better” will they get after a certain point. One thing that I’ve learned, is that I didn’t drink up before some others started to go south. Don’t want that to happen again even know those should have many years to go.

What's your verdict?
We dig it man. Super dry, high tannins, high acidity from what little I know about wine thus far. It was great with the meal we made tonight no doubt. However, I have some REAL sangiovese on the way--- allegedly! I have 2 bottles of 2015 Ciacci Piccolomini d'Arogona Brunello plus 2 bottles of 2010 Valdicava Brunellos. I have been waiting for sooooo long for these from K&L pre-arrivals. Allegedly they are on a boat at this moment and everything has been delayed due to COVID. They seem more than happy to refund my $$ but I really just want the friggin' wine!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom