PCF Wine appreciation thread. (5 Viewers)

4CE2A90D-755F-4C5D-95F6-788DD2E0BAAD.jpeg

@Copper44 I got on the list on 2017, I am still waiting for Dumol, but I think they forgot about me. I am also trying to get on the Cayuse list, but I get a "maybe next year" every year, at least they stay in contact.

What is everyone planning to have with their turkey tomorrow? I am still undecided at this point.

I just signed for my seasonal wine club order from Grgich Hills Estate in Rutherford. Need to pair something with cranberry Sauce...the only reason we have Thanksgiving.

Our favorite there is Hardy's Sparkling Shiraz. Even better with lamb than with turkey...
I scored big on this order. They made a mistake and I was able to get some of their Old Vine selections at 50% off. We‘ll give your suggestion a try.

Need to pair something with cranberry Sauce...the only reason we have Thanksgiving.

I would consider this a tough pairing. I would tend to avoid anything sweet, tangy, or citrus-y because the sauce will already totally overpower it. Aged would be better than young, for sure. I'm thinking Sangiovese here. Or maybe a Cab blend.

Neat story about the GPL above. A few years ago, I went to my local wine shop, the same day they received a new delivery. I saw this for $35 a bottle. I asked the guy if the price was correct, because ... $35.

He went and checked and said yes. I bought all of them, the entire case. A week or two later I was back in there and he said the price was in fact not correct. I got them for about half price. He had only received one case, not the two he thought he had, and priced them accordingly. Turned out it was his vendor’s error.

Vendor made him right, and he said he was glad I got the bottles, as I was a frequent customer at the time, always picking up new Bordeaux selections.

Okay, folks, it's nice to see a picture of the bottle. But if we're trying to appreciate the wine itself, it would be nice to get a taste description at least. What you paired it with. Why you like it. Is it good value.
Start drinking whiskey. We pretend like we know things in that thread.

C9296412-C11B-48A2-A560-33F2612087DB.jpeg

Friend gave this to me. Used to buy Robert Craig’s late 90s wines.

This is a wonderful wine - tannins are now super smooth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom