PCF Wine appreciation thread. (4 Viewers)

20201227_181046.jpg

Going to have this one with homemade vegetable soup.

20201229_190304.jpg

Very strong start with a wonderful soft fruit finish. Had to decant it to bring out the finish. Thought I wasn't going to like it at first (undecanted...I was thirsty!).

Edit: it's really growing on me.

A91D5FB1-AAEA-4287-81D7-646E25642EF2.jpeg

My favourite wine I drank in 2020. It was a late release from the chateau and had been recorked there so was in perfect condition. If you were tasting it blind you would never guess 1955, it still had some fruit and freshness.

There was also a ‘59 and ‘61 on the wine list which I plan to try when lockdown is over.

I've never heard of Nero di Troia. Any relation to Nero d'Avola?
I am not sure but it had definite similarities. I joined Laithwaites as a Christmas gift to myself. It was a bottle they included in their Red Italian package. I should spend more time learning about the vintages but in reality I just like to try new wines.

Nero d'Avola is one of my all time favorites. Had my first bottle outside Milan in 2017 and buy it anytime I see it.

Port-a-potty made way on the nose to pure BO after a bit. Some time later, the nose is still a bit funky but more pleasant. Ended up being some decent wine. Never had ANYTHING quite like that experience.

Port-a-potty made way on the nose to pure BO after a bit. Some time later, the nose is still a bit funky but more pleasant. Ended up being some decent wine. Never had ANYTHING quite like that experience.
Did it open up?

Nero d'Avola is one of my all time favorites. Had my first bottle outside Milan in 2017 and buy it anytime I see it.
I consider Nero d' Avola to be a truly Geek wine and drink as much of it as I can; even if the heretical, secessionist Papal forces:LOL: :laugh:, currently dominant in the Italian peninsula:D, term it otherwise.
If in doubt, read! :)

I consider Nero d' Avola to be a truly Geek wine and drink as much of it as I can; even if the heretical, secessionist Papal forces:LOL: :laugh:, currently dominant in the Italian peninsula:D, term it otherwise.
Agree its good shit!

Edit....wtf did this happen?

5B1EDAC5-8366-447D-9FD5-0F701A930837.jpeg
3840C245-A026-4FF4-87BB-55BF1E2495E3.jpeg
Opened this last night. It’s been along time since I’ve had this. A friend gave it to me. The 2013 is drinking great now Imo. Bordeaux style blend; 65% Cab Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Malbec, and 3% Cab Franc.

Nice fruit-dark cherry/berry with soft tannins, nicely balanced. Probably $50+/- range. Enjoyed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom