PCF Wine appreciation thread. (3 Viewers)

Catching up for the week. The bad/good news is that I'm getting a new knee tomorrow, but that means not a drop of booze for the next two or three weeks while I'm on some heavyweight drugs. :( I've been told that hydrocodone is your friend...

This means my wife has actually been doing most of the cooking, so whites have come to the fore.

This Burgans was the first Albarino we ever tasted, close to thirty years ago, in a little Crystal City, VA French restaurant named Chez Froggy. It's still excellent.
20200705_170006.jpg

... and this Verdejo is just an outstanding food wine, even at this age. Storage counts -- treat a wine well, and it will treat you well.
20200703_121011.jpg
20200703_121020.jpg

As Jacques Pepin would say, "Happy sipping!"

I'm surprised they gave you opioid narcotics for post-op pain. My advice is to try not to use it for more than 3 days post-op. Try maximum doses of Tylenol (assuming your liver is okay), and medium-max doses of ibuprofen or some other OTC anti-inflammatory (assuming your kidney is okay, your blood pressure is okay, you're not prone to ulcer, and are not taking blood thinners). If you can also avoid muscle relaxants and sleeping pills, then you can have some wine with generally no problems whatsoever.

P.S. I'm not licensed to give any advice over the internet, so there's no point in suing me.

Catching up for the week. The bad/good news is that I'm getting a new knee tomorrow, but that means not a drop of booze for the next two or three weeks while I'm on some heavyweight drugs. :( I've been told that hydrocodone is your friend...

This means my wife has actually been doing most of the cooking, so whites have come to the fore.

This Burgans was the first Albarino we ever tasted, close to thirty years ago, in a little Crystal City, VA French restaurant named Chez Froggy. It's still excellent.
View attachment 490778

... and this Verdejo is just an outstanding food wine, even at this age. Storage counts -- treat a wine well, and it will treat you well.
View attachment 490779View attachment 490780

As Jacques Pepin would say, "Happy sipping!"

Have a speedy recovery Larry!! You'll be back at it in no time

I'm surprised they gave you opioid narcotics for post-op pain. My advice is to try not to use it for more than 3 days post-op.

Thanks. They gave me enough for 7 days, and advised taking one when the nerve blocks wore off last night. I did, but there is essentially no pain, so I don't plan to take more than is necessary The hydrocodone has 325 mg of acetominophen built-in as well.

If you can also avoid muscle relaxants and sleeping pills, then you can have some wine with generally no problems whatsoever.

Finally some good news! :cool I don't take any other drugs at all.

P.S. I'm not licensed to give any advice over the internet, so there's no point in suing me.

Dang. I was looking forward to a boost in my retirement income. :(

Alpha Estate Hedgehog Vineyard Xinomavro 2017
$23.99
Skouras Saint George Agiorgitiko 2017
$18.99
Thymiopoulos Uranos Xinomavro 2017
$35.99
Thymiopoulos Xinomavro Young Vines 2018
$19.99
Vaeni Naoussa Xinomavro 2017
$10.99
Bodega Norton Malbec Reserva 2017
$15.99

Subtotal - $125.94
Shipping - $24.40
Gift Card - $150
Total - $0.34

@Coyote
$0.34 well spent!!

Last edited:
Could not find ANY: Papaioannou, Tsantalis, or most others you love unfortunately. However, I am very excited to try some Greek wine for the first time!!

Pitty you didn't find any Papaioannou. If you wish, PM me and I could contact the winery.
Also, keep your eyes open for the Xinomavro Reserve (Old Vines) by Alpha Estate . Their Hedgehog is already very nice however, and so are Thymiopoulos' wines.

EDIT: I seems the prices double up in order to reach you there:(
It happens to us too with bourbon and poker chips, if this is a consolation:LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom