PATRIOTS!!!!! (5 Viewers)

Even if Brady and the Patriots win the super bowl, I don't think he is going to hang it up. I think he has at least 2-3 more seasons in him. Honestly, the Patriots need to get their next QB sooner than later though, and get those 1-2 years of mentoring started. I just wonder if BB and TB will go out together, or if Bill will stick around for a little longer. Of course, McDaniels seems primed to take over for Bill once he retires.
You heard it here first, Joe Flacco will sign with the Pats this offseason. Pocket passer with a strong arm, belicheck type guy who won't make waves, 2 years to learn the system. Just sayin...

I read yesterday, that since they implemented the updated "Roughing the passer" rules back in 2009, Brady has only drawn 4 such penalties in the post season, fewer than several other QB's in that same time span.

I know many people like to point out that the ref's give him a break, but looking at the numbers, that just isn't the case. I do agree that the one called against him Sunday was an awful call, and should have never been flagged, but there isn't much that can be done on that now.

You heard it here first, Joe Flacco will sign with the Pats this offseason. Pocket passer with a strong arm, belicheck type guy who won't make waves, 2 years to learn the system. Just sayin...

no way in hell. I'd bet dollars to donuts that he will end up in Florida (Tampa or Jacksonville, with Jacksonville the most likely landing spot). He could also head to Denver, or even Washington (pending the Alex Smith contract/playing status).

no way in hell. I'd bet dollars to donuts that he will end up in Florida (Tampa or Jacksonville, with Jacksonville the most likely landing spot). He could also head to Denver, or even Washington (pending the Alex Smith contract/playing status).

Please, please, please, NOT Denver!!!!!

Miami might also be a good landing spot for him, as I don't believe Tannehill will be around much longer either.

But its the place that made Joe Flacco Rich !! :)

Luck (not Andrew) is what made him rich, LOL!!! If Harris (I believe, I'm getting old) hadn't slipped on that hail marry, no one would know who Flacco is. And Payton would have one more ring.

Please tell me you're joking about the NFL wanting Brady in the Superbowl? The guy who they framed for deflategate and who filed suit against them?

Mahomes is the new face of the NFL

Mostly joking about the Rams/Saints non-PI, PI. Mainly because there was no referee nearby.

Oh, wait...

But in general, yes, I think the NFL does actively work to create desired matchups. An LA/NE Super Bowl is a bi-coastal matchup that will draw historical ratings, with a new "big market" LA team against a known east coast stalwart team. This is the best matchup the NFL could've ever dreamed of from a ratings/marketing perspective... especially after they allowed Kronke to break every league rule/bylaw when he moved the team out of St. Louis. A little "you scratch our back if we scratch yours" is not unheard of amongst billionaires.

Do I think the NFL is as bad as the WWE? No. But let's be honest... this is a multi-billion-dollar entertainment business. Dollars are more important to them than game integrity... every single step of the way. Especially with so many fans blindly stating, "do you REALLY think they would rig games? Lulz!!!!" It's little to no risk for the NFL. The diehard fans will just always call it, "bad ref-ing." Or, "a lucky call."

Some of their awful refereeing (which I interpret as rigging) these last few years, is also part of why I really don't watch on Sundays anymore. But it's been nice having an extra day in my weekends through the fall season.

Last edited:
Mostly joking about the Rams/Saints non-PI, PI. But in general, yes, I think the NFL does actively work to create desired matchups. An LA/NE Super Bowl is a bi-coastal matchup that will draw historical ratings, with a new "big market" LA team against a known east coast stalwart team. This is the best matchup the NFL could've ever dreamed of from a ratings/marketing perspective... especially after they allowed Kronke to break every league rule/bylaw when he moved the team out of St. Louis. A little "you scratch our back if we scratch yours" is not unheard of amongst billionaires.

Do I think the NFL is as bad as the WWE? No. But let's be honest... this is a multi-billion-dollar entertainment business. Dollars are more important to them than game integrity... every single step of the way.

Some of their awful refereeing (which I interpret as rigging) these last few years, is also part of why I really don't watch on Sundays anymore. But it's been nice having an extra day in my weekends through the fall season.

I agree with everything you are saying, except for the matchups. IN the eyes of the NFL, Patriots are public enemy #1 and Saints probably #2, although they could have lived with a Brees vs. Brady hype week. The league wants Parity, and nothing would have been better than Goff vs. Mahomes and the marketing of their two bright new star QBs.

I agree with everything you are saying, except for the matchups. IN the eyes of the NFL, Patriots are public enemy #1 and Saints probably #2, although they could have lived with a Brees vs. Brady hype week. The league wants Parity, and nothing would have been better than Goff vs. Mahomes and the marketing of their two bright new star QBs.

I disagree.

The league is more about legacy than the new upstart talent. Mahommes has 20 years ahead of him, Brady doesn't.

They helped push Manning across the finish line in the SB50 season, and with Brady on the very noticeable decline, they want him to have the opportunity to go out on top. If the Pats win this game (which they will), Brady retires (I'm willing to bet on that).

After the mess this year was for him, he knows his "3-4 more years" prediction is no longer feasible. Brady does not want to end up fizzling out like "graybeard Brett Favre," and Roger Goodell does not want that PR disaster on his hands either. The League is letting Brady and Belichick ride off into the sunset with the best dynasty in NFL history.

Goff will be a hot mess. The win has been set. Don't even need to watch.

Congrats to Brady and the Pats! And happy retirement to Bill and Tom!! :tup:

Last edited:
Not sure why I clicked on this link since I don't really watch much football anymore. I basically stopped really watching after the Brady 'Tuck Rule'. That was the beginning of the end for me. I decided to watch a couple of games in the playoffs this year and I see nothing has changed. I actually watched the Saints/Rams game until the non-call, I turned the TV off and started working on my designs. Much more relaxing then watching football for me.

You agree with NFL overtime rules?

Makes you wonder, what would have happened if KC won the coin toss?
they are better than they used to be. With the touchbacks being moved to the 25, the 1st team would need to go about 45 yards to try a long FG. With the current process, and a TD winning it, it puts more on the offense, especially within the Red Zone where defense is typically much tougher.

In this game, the Patriots had more than a 2:1 Time of possession, and I am sure that Chiefs D was gassed. If Mahomes had a chance, I am sure he could have done something similar.

Noticeable decline ? What are you talking about? They're in the Super Bowl because of his stellar play.

Called it !!!! Joe Flacco traded to Denver
Sorry @ChaosRock

OH, NO!!!!!

Seriously, the Broncos are becoming just like every other NLF team. I'll call it "the end". Pat Bowlen, you will be forever missed by your fans! I know his health is taking him from us little by little but he was (kinda still is) The Broncos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom