Ordered from Claysmith....EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! (1 Viewer)

Strike1st

Straight
Reaction score
Well...I ordered some Milano $1 chips directly from claysmith...they shipped in a small thin bubble mailer. The chips were way to heavy for it. I received a damaged package from them, chips are missing, some of them are damaged and the ones I did receive the color is off and on half the chips I did receive part of each side of them is missing texture like the mold was damaged.

UPDATED!!!!

Finally got ahold of them...they're resending my order...they're pissed. Apparently Claysmith had weather problems and opened late. She was pissed about poor packaging, USPS handling and the lack of USPS protocol of not calling them about a damaged packaged and still delivering it.

Wow...Impressive.

Last edited:
Was it mailed as an oversized envelope via regular postal mail or parcel? I have never heard of USPS calling to inform of a damaged package before. If they truly do that is impressive!

Before I bought Milanos, I visited them directly. They were more than helpful while I was in their office. It was basically a call center attached to a warehouse, with a tiny "showroom". They even helped check the math to figure out if it would be cheaper for me to buy them right there (avoiding shipping charges), or going home to buy them (avoiding taxes for buying them in-state). That kind of service is just stellar in my book, and I would think that you simply experienced a storm of situations out of their control.

You really should pause before going onto a forum to attack (or vent as you called it) one of the more trustworthy vendors out there.

Well, I'll agree with some of the complaints here - I ordered Milano samples. Some of them had very shallow mold prints on part of the chips face, such that part of it was flat/no-mold. Also, on the $1 sample I got, the edge spot (double trapezoid) went in very sloppy, and it looked bad and turned me off to the whole set. I know it's not a $1 chip, but I expected better for a $.32 chip.

I believe these are Brybelly productions, but I'm pretty sure Claysmith is a Brybelly retail store, yes?

you might try changing the title of your thread and/or at least combine the first two posts into one if nothing else for outside search engine purposes

Before I bought Milanos, I visited them directly. They were more than helpful while I was in their office. It was basically a call center attached to a warehouse, with a tiny "showroom". They even helped check the math to figure out if it would be cheaper for me to buy them right there (avoiding shipping charges), or going home to buy them (avoiding taxes for buying them in-state). That kind of service is just stellar in my book, and I would think that you simply experienced a storm of situations out of their control.

You really should pause before going onto a forum to attack (or vent as you called it) one of the more trustworthy vendors out there.

you might try changing the title of your thread and/or at least combine the first two posts into one if nothing else for outside search engine purposes

PZ you're correct and I broke my own rule! I apologize for the noobdouche tantrum. I know better. I have corrected all of the above.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Was it mailed as an oversized envelope via regular postal mail or parcel? I have never heard of USPS calling to inform of a damaged package before. If they truly do that is impressive!

125 chips (5 25 chip stacks) in a 5"x8" envelope.

I love my Milano setup. I've had some issues with them over time, but all has been resolved to my satisfaction (and beyond). I purchased all my Milano chips through John at Poker Chip Mania. The prices were unbeatable for me (low shipping), and the service was amazing (with several damaged products I'd received). I've purchased table making supplies from them, as well as poker accessories. John even donated items for the MTTD meetup. I developed a relationship with John, and he gave me his personal cell, due to some of the issues I was having with the Milanos.

Their site has changed some, but I wouldn't hesitate to at least give their pricing a look when purchasing your next Milanos.

Poker Chip Mania

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom