Official Rum Thread (2 Viewers)

On the way home from Orlando this afternoon, we stopped at my favorite liquor store up there, and I picked up a few new rums. All but the Ron Barcelo are new to us. The Tanduay is particularly interesting, made in the Philippines. The Bohemio is from Panama, and the others are Dominican.

View attachment 117768

Looks like we need to have a rum and poker night :)

On the way home from Orlando this afternoon, we stopped at my favorite liquor store up there, and I picked up a few new rums. All but the Ron Barcelo are new to us. The Tanduay is particularly interesting, made in the Philippines. The Bohemio is from Panama, and the others are Dominican.

View attachment 117768

Let us know the results... I'm going to make some dark and stormy's tonight..

Based on the recommendations in this thread I've been upping my rum game. The Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 is excellent (and very inexpensive) as is the el Pasador de Oro XO. The Don Q Gran Anejo and the Pampero Aniversario were solid too.

IMG_3222.jpg

Okay, technically not rum, but sold in the rum aisle since it could be considered a cousin.

Brazilian Ypioca Ouro cachaca for a warm day in a refreshing Caipirinha.
20180714_171925.jpg

Ice: Ron Zacapa Centenario 23
neat: Plantation XO 20yr
Mixed: Zaya Gran Reserva 12 Year or Diplomatico Resrva Exclusiva

Poker chips and Rum. And blonds.

I actually love the Zaya with ice or neat. One of my faves.

But then, I prefer brunettes as well. So maybe we're just on different pages. ;)

zaya-gran-reserva-trinidad-rum__48060.1511463391.jpg

7A37F2A5-1D26-46D5-A8AD-D52E7E201EA3.jpeg

I do love me some rum!
Mount Gay is what I drink the most, used as a mixer.
Ron Zacapa 23 is excellent on it’s own. Haven’t tried the XO variant yet (maybe at Christmas).
Havana Club if I am making mojitos.
The Saint James is something I picked up in Corsica as it was available. Drinkable mixer.

If I’m out at a pub or a bar then I’ll be lucky if Mount Gay is available but Sailor Jerry, Captain Morgan or Kraken are acceptable substitutes for my rum and coke fix.

Did someone say rum?

40FCBFFC-F932-4469-85B4-298ED16EFA48.jpeg

I lived in the Caribbean for nearly 4 years and developed a taste. Ron Zacapa is probably my favorite - the xo is sublime. The plantation xo is great value for money.

Rum and coconut water is one of the best drinks on the planet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom