Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (32 Viewers)

Science time with an ADHD Whiskey pick!
2C7ED3BE-CAB8-41AC-A21F-78EBAD68C1EB.jpeg
F8CA4E54-8B8E-4692-A79C-A4B3CEB27079.jpeg

How is it. Give me tasting notes

I haven’t popped my grizzly beast or rocket top yet. But I introduced a lot of pcfers to redwood empire

Of the two, I prefer the Grizzly Beast but this is pretty good.

Nose has a deep curant / grape note, similar to the Rendezvous Rye but not as sweet. Palate is similar with the spicey rye overtone. Cinnamon here as well (took me a while to place thay one). Finish gets darker and more grainy/oaky as it sits. Definitely not an overly spicey offering, very drinkable. Very good, just not $100 good.

Now, take Rocket Top and mix with Grizzly Beast, and you get.....

For the Rocket Top and Grizzly Beast, are those simply their regular offerings, just bottled in bond instead, so less water added? Or is there more to it than that?

Of the two, I prefer the Grizzly Beast but this is pretty good.

Nose has a deep curant / grape note, similar to the Rendezvous Rye but not as sweet. Palate is similar with the spicey rye overtone. Cinnamon here as well (took me a while to place thay one). Finish gets darker and more grainy/oaky as it sits. Definitely not an overly spicey offering, very drinkable. Very good, just not $100 good.

Now, take Rocket Top and mix with Grizzly Beast, and you get.....

Lost monarch is a bourye blend of emerald giant and pipe dream

So I’d expect grizzly beast and rocket top to be pretty good together too

For the Rocket Top and Grizzly Beast, are those simply their regular offerings, just bottled in bond instead, so less water added? Or is there more to it than that?

I don't believe so, looking at their website they have different mashbills than their standard offerings. These were supposed to be a limited release, we'll see if they do another round of them.

Report back to us

90 proof blend vs Lost Monarch vs BiB blend… for science.

View attachment 988736
The 90 proof blend is good, but different than the Lost Monarch. The rye notes come through a lot more. Probably needs a few weeks melding in a bottle.

The nose on the BiB blend is fantastic. Wow. Very floral. But also vanilla and raspberries. The palate starts great then trails off. Some good spice and heat. But definitely needs time to blend together.

Maybe I’ll play around with my own blends some other time.

The 90 proof blend is good, but different than the Lost Monarch. The rye notes come through a lot more. Probably needs a few weeks melding in a bottle.

The nose on the BiB blend is fantastic. Wow. Very floral. But also vanilla and raspberries. The palate starts great then trails off. Some good spice and heat. But definitely needs time to blend together.

Determining ratio is probably the hard part

When I mix them I go a tad heavier on the Grizzly. And yes the nose is heaven.

A friend of mine bought a couple of bottles and offered to sell me one at his cost ($98) … anyone here try it yet?

C5C8D1F3-7DE4-442D-A480-42B5EBDE1C03.jpeg

A friend of mine bought a couple of bottles and offered to sell me one at his cost ($98) … anyone here try it yet?

View attachment 988892
I’ve had Nashville Barrel rye and thought it was great. But I’ve never had their bourbon. However, this proof is right up my alley. I’d take the risk. Try to get a sample first though.

View attachment 988892

I have several Nashville barrell ga picks and a dc pick. They mostly receive favorable reviews but every one is different. I’m told the ga picks were sourced MGP but they source a lot of barrels so not sure about that particular pick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom