Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (31 Viewers)

505EE20E-387D-4210-8A08-54039F2E4CF7.jpeg

Given the hoard of whiskey you just posted, I will take it as a point of pride that I have a bottle that you want. Good luck with the sorting and shelving. It's a P.I.T.A.
This is where I’m at. I’ve at least got it all in one place but I don’t keep great track of it. I need to take a weekend and sort and catalog everything. No chance I’ll know where I got it or how much I paid, but I can at least get an accurate inventory and not accidentally buy dupes.

Now to get them on the shelves.

View attachment 989119

I probably had close to this last year which is why I started taking bottles to meetups, friends houses, pretty much anywhere I went. I’m down to about 60 bottles open and 100 backups of just stuff I want to drink. I just gotta keep those bottles stocked. Those all look like drinkers but I wouldn’t have room in my tiny house for them.

Damn I am conflicted

Do I feel better good about ,myself for being restrained on the number of backups i have? Or worse because someone has more?

Bottles that are hard to get and I really like I need 5 backups. Regular drinkers easy to find I only neeed 2 back ups. If I see something new I’m interested in I’ll always grab two just in case. If I don’t like it, I give the second bottle away. If I do like it, I look for more.

Bottles that are hard to get and I really like I need 5 backups. Regular drinkers easy to find I only neeed 2 back ups. If I see something new I’m interested in I’ll always grab two just in case. If I don’t like it, I give the second bottle away. If I do like it, I look for more.
Hard to get I keep 2 or maybe 3 backups, I always keep a backup rare breed, other easy to find bottles I don't bother with backups.

I have passed on numerous weller 107, EHT small batch, and eagle rare because I already have at least 2 backups
newsheves1.jpg

Hard to get I keep 2 or maybe 3 backups, I always keep a backup rare breed, other easy to find bottles I don't bother with backups.

I have passed on numerous weller 107, EHT small batch, and eagle rare because I already have at least 2 backups
View attachment 989277
Never pass on 107. I'll get any that you can acquire.

I had a 2000 sqft house. Then I bought a bigger house. It was sparsely furnished when we first moved in, but in less than a year, wouldn’t you know it, we had filled it up. If I ever had an empty whiskey shelf, I do believe an analogous event would occur. Your empty whiskey shelves made me think of that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom