Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (33 Viewers)

David. Have you tried willet bourbons? Honestly they’ve ruined me for everything else. All I want now is willet. Everything else just ends up tasting the same. Willet is by far so unique that it’s in its own class.
Not yet, but I’ve been looking for one.

@joeyshin is a legend for this little care package. Thank you man View attachment 959645
Green light and red light had a strange grassy note aftertaste that I didn't care for but the nose and front and mid palate were lovely - definite apricot notes in there as well. I couldn't tell the difference between these two batches.

Old Kirk was a cinnamon nose bomb. Very delightful. I haven't meant an OK that I didn't like. Nice balance overall with those signature Willett notes present.
Hirsch - Best of the bunch for me. Palate was hit with sweetness - very strong enjoyable flavor overall. Yum

Barrel Seagrass 16 year. Very similar to standard Seagrass but more refined and enjoyable. I would love to have a bottle one day

Thanks @joeyshin !

ER $36 + tax WTRB $50 + tax here

guess I am spoiled by Ohio not allowing sale over MSRP.
Yeah but you can’t find anything on the shelves anymore. WTRB is now allocated and flippers waiting in line so there’s really only secondary. I haven’t gone in an ABC store for more than a year

Green light and red light had a strange grassy note aftertaste that I didn't care for but the nose and front and mid palate were lovely - definite apricot notes in there as well. I couldn't tell the difference between these two batches.

Old Kirk was a cinnamon nose bomb. Very delightful. I haven't meant an OK that I didn't like. Nice balance overall with those signature Willett notes present.
Hirsch - Best of the bunch for me. Palate was hit with sweetness - very strong enjoyable flavor overall. Yum

Barrel Seagrass 16 year. Very similar to standard Seagrass but more refined and enjoyable. I would love to have a bottle one day

Thanks @joeyshin !

Nice. Yeah. Willet has floral and grassy notes that some people love and others hate. I like the grassy note. I have a seagrass 20 year I haven’t opened yet. Actually I have two of them. I bought one online and received two from different distributors. Had to keep checking to make sure I wasn’t double charged

Nice. Yeah. Willet has floral and grassy notes that some people love and others hate. I like the grassy note. I have a seagrass 20 year I haven’t opened yet. Actually I have two of them. I bought one online and received two from different distributors. Had to keep checking to make sure I wasn’t double charged
Wow no way! What a score

You should open one if you haven't yet.

It's funny, the more I drank them the more the grassy note was becoming interesting to me

Wow no way! What a score

You should open one if you haven't yet.

It's funny, the more I drank them the more the grassy note was becoming interesting to me

I was turned on to willet from their rye which has the same heavy grassy and floral note. Then I started liking it and didn’t find it in any other whiskys so it became interesting. Then other whiskys started becoming boring because the willet was so unique. So I’ve converted to willet distillate as my main whiskys and and trying to finish all the other bottles that I find boring now. I’ve finished 10 bottles in last few weeks. Most were already half empty/full

0BBDE948-DDAF-4A45-B4D2-46582488F73D.jpeg

Is it a nice gift, or a little bit of torture... knowing you shouldn't indulge while you are recovering. ;) Feel better!
Thanks! Definitely feel like I’ve turned the corner!

And if you knew my buddy, you’d definitely agree it’s him being more of a dick to torture me than to just be nice :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It’s good to have friends…sometimes lol

IMG_2620.jpg

Broke into these two tonight. Still drinking them. Since the beginning of May, I have experienced more sickness, and more expenses from more things breaking, than any three month period in my entire life. Today, some more piled on, taking the grand total over $15k. Not much to some, but that is more than a year of mortgage payments to me. So I thought I'd bust open a couple never-tried-before bottles from my inventory and drink a little. Ok maybe not a little. And then I'll stop bitching about it and move on. Because when you complain, nobody cares! ;)

Good buzz going. I needed this today. The KC 12 and 15 are both good. The 15 definitely and noticeably is more oaky. I've heard that it's too oaky for some, at least compared to the 12. I don't think that's true for me, but I get why people say that. I like Woodford double oak - it's okay but I don't seek it out. I think Sagamore double oak sucks. I would argue the KC15 beats the pants off both of those. Depending on what I'm in the mood for, I'd be happy with both of these. I'll give the KC12 the edge because it's at least $20/bottle cheaper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom