Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (37 Viewers)

Basically you pick a selection of spices/botanicals and infuse in Everclear for several days. Here's one cinnamon-free recipe I found, but there are plenty more out there: https://www.thespruceeats.com/basic-homemade-bitters-recipe-760289

Most ingredients can be found locally, but the less common stuff can be found on Amazon.

Let me know how it turns out if you make this!
that's awesome.

@Pinkdan here is a bitters that is more citrus and doesn't list cinnamon

https://yummybazaar.com/products/ol...WrFdB35HCUBV3_yWrcho60PYZQXY3bQRoC4U8QAvD_BwE
Awesome, thanks guys!

Some old forester 1792 blend
943364E9-804C-41AB-A00A-43FE7FDC0BA9.jpeg

I haven't had the new ETBIB, but the black cap blows WT101 out of the water! I paid $23 for a liter in KY last year and I'll be very sad when they're gone.

Tuesday night bottle kill. IW Harper is from the late 90s from a set that was trying to compete with Diageo’s “Single Malts of Scotland”. The Barterhouse was very good and worth what I paid for it years ago but not worth what it’s trading for now.

98E892B5-941A-45EA-A7A9-72D01B9A2ED0.jpeg

I had to get mine on the dreaded secondary market...
I can honestly say I've never done that. I'm sure it will happen at some point, though. I'm too cheap to do it, at least so far. And too lazy to put in the effort to weasel into somebody's fb group or whatever. I do use an app called BoozApp. I've found that it's almost always low for secondary values. It says 82 for the New Riff Malted, which means it's over 100 secondary?!? Crazy cakes! New Riff has good distribution but I know it's not everywhere. I'll probably drink some of mine and send samples of the rest. When I'm not too lazy. :D

In completely unrelated news, the best tequila I ever drank was a couple years ago at a friends. He had some Don Julio 1942. Today I saw a 1.75 LITER of the DJ 1942. Same bottle, just super sized. Empty it doubles as a weapon of mass destruction. I stole this pic from the internet. The 750mL is already a tall bottle, guessing 18 inches or so. The 1.75 is just ridiculous. It was slow at the store when I was there, so he let me touch and fondle it. (Put that up your out-of-context wazoo)

1660263713347.png

I can honestly say I've never done that. I'm sure it will happen at some point, though. I'm too cheap to do it, at least so far. And too lazy to put in the effort to weasel into somebody's fb group or whatever. I do use an app called BoozApp. I've found that it's almost always low for secondary values. It says 82 for the New Riff Malted, which means it's over 100 secondary?!? Crazy cakes! New Riff has good distribution but I know it's not everywhere. I'll probably drink some of mine and send samples of the rest. When I'm not too lazy. :D
Yeah same here. Hell wish I knew how to sale on the secondary, I could sale plenty of OWA and EHT.

In completely unrelated news, the best tequila I ever drank was a couple years ago at a friends. He had some Don Julio 1942. Today I saw a 1.75 LITER of the DJ 1942. Same bottle, just super sized. Empty it doubles as a weapon of mass destruction. I stole this pic from the internet. The 750mL is already a tall bottle, guessing 18 inches or so. The 1.75 is just ridiculous. It was slow at the store when I was there, so he let me touch and fondle it. (Put that up your out-of-context wazoo)

View attachment 965728
I paid $100 shipped, but I had just won $600 in my fantasy football league and decided to blow the profits on unobtainable bottles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom