Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (60 Viewers)

Up here in Ontario pretty much all wine and spirits are sold through a government corporation called the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario). Cross referenced this thread with what was available at the local LCBO store and voila! I'm not used to drinking such high proof offerings but I like it!

Last edited:
Up here in Ontario pretty much all wine and spirits are sold through a government corporation called the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario). Cross referenced this thread with what was available at the local LCBO store and voila! I'm not used to drinking such high proof offerings but I like it!
Yeah, the full proof / barrel strength bourbon and rye offerings will knock you on your ass if you're not prepared or expecting it. 120 proof will get you to drunk 50% faster than 80 proof. Zoom!

Killed off the old pepper bottle with an old fashion
0906DD01-A597-4A81-AC5A-CB4EF58059B5.jpeg

I have heard that the new label OF 1920 is different from the old label. I have not tried the new look bottle yet. Has anyone noticed a difference? Better or worse?

I have heard that the new label OF 1920 is different from the old label. I have not tried the new look bottle yet. Has anyone noticed a difference? Better or worse?
I have an unopened bottle with the new label and my last bottle of the old label is long gone. I see people online swearing that they’re different but I’d argue that no matter how similar a distillery can blend a batched product to match a specific profile, it would be impossible to get every batch exactly the same. The comment I see most that is against the new label is that it tastes younger. When I get around to opening my new label bottle, I’m sure I’ll love it like I did last bottles. If I don’t, I’ll just buy a bottle of Rare Breed. Probably solved!

only have the 1 bottle and not sure if it is old or new

so my bottle is the new, but don't have the old to compare it to.

I know the new is very good, it made m final 4 and has a very black cherry, brown sugar, oak flavor. it also makes an amazing blend with 1792 small batch
blend.jpg

My wife’s uncle is on vacation staying at nearby hotel. He came over for dinner and brought a nice sampler. They were all pretty good but to me seemed like minor plays on the same thing. After tasting I’d only buy the regular one. I don’t think finishing barrels did a whole lot honestly. But I enjoyed them all.

048F3812-3A2C-4E80-8134-D59854E85F05.jpeg

My wife’s uncle is on vacation staying at nearby hotel. He came over for dinner and brought a nice sampler. They were all pretty good but to me seemed like minor plays on the same thing. After tasting I’d only buy the regular one. I don’t think finishing barrels did a whole lot honestly. But I enjoyed them all.

View attachment 961622
the entire range has never done anything for me and the absurdly tall bottles annoy me more than you'd think was reasonable.

I’ve gone through a new bottle. It tastes the same to me. Bourbon Junkies did a video a while back comparing old and new.

I discovered a bottle of 1979 Booker's in the back of the bar.

I thought some of you Booker's fans might appreciate it. I've never been much of a Bourbon drinker. I mainly drink Single Malt if I'm drinking Whisky, and that is why it is still around. In the 80's and early 90's I had a liquor store and wine shop. As a gift to their retailers, Jim Beam's Booker Noe, bottled and hand signed 2400 bottles of this 1979 whiskey. At the time, they did not sell it.

Booker's.jpg
Booker's 2.jpg

I thought some of you Booker's fans might appreciate it. I've never been much of a Bourbon drinker. I mainly drink Single Malt if I'm drinking Whisky, and that is why it is still around. In the 80's and early 90's I had a liquor store and wine shop. As a gift to their retailers, Jim Beam's Booker Noe, bottled and hand signed 2400 bottles of this 1979 whiskey. At the time, they did not sell it.

View attachment 961630View attachment 961632
holy shit

either put it up for auction or give it to me lol.

holy shit

either put it up for auction or give it to me lol.

Well the bottling date actually was my 8th birthday so it would make an awesome birthday gift…hint hint lol

It would make a great auction item or birthday present. Definitely someting to keep in mind. :) The wax seal is still unbroken.

Huge fan of bookers…Awesome story

Looking online it looks to be worth a fair bit, the wax being intact(not in picture) and a box/bag that it came in seems to help a lot.

$100

Looking online it looks to be worth a fair bit, the wax being intact(not in picture) and a box/bag that it came in seems to help a lot.
I haven’t looked into its value or collectibility. The wax is intact and not cracked. It has been stored in the original cloth bag in a cool dark place.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom