Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (85 Viewers)

One of my regulars works for a distributor and brings gifts
1566067801933.png

1566067824124.png

1566067783109.png

Enjoying a peated Speyside, the first single malt from the Allt-A-Bhainne distillery. I won't even try to pronounce it...

image.jpg

Haha. Our lazy person coffee machine :tup:

Us too -- we have one we use most nights after supper, but it uses the older Nespresso Original pods. I'm still trying to figure out what the benefit of the Vertuo machines is, unless it's just the initialization of a new 17 years of patent protection.

The pod machine are a major convenience over using the big machine for just two espressos, and the flavor is way, way better than any K-cup, even the refillable ones.

Last edited:
Us too -- we have one we use most nights after supper, but it uses the older Nespresso Original pods. I'm still trying to figure out what the benefit of the Vertuo machines is, unless it's just the initialization of a new 17 years of patent protection.

The pod machine are a major convenience over using the big machine for just two espressos, and the flavor is way, way better than any K-cup (even the refillable ones.

Yeah, I don't know if there is a benefit of Vertuo vs the Original...I think I just went with Vertuo because it was a good deal at the time.

Wish I had the nose and palette that some of you do, so I could better describe this whiskey. All I can say is it's good. This was originally won at a bowling alley in the mid sixties. Opened tonight for the first time.
View attachment 324893
When you rubbed it Did a blue genie pop out with Robin William’s voice?

Went for the Weller green label first, not a huge taste but a very smooth sipper. Tastes more like a 80 proof than a 90, not much on the finish.

Weller red label 107 is next... Much more flavor but still surprising how smooth it is, although much more complex finish than the green. Sweet and a nice long finish.

Westward from a local distillery

I get a lot of the stout barrel in the finish, continues to linger for a really long time.

IMG_20190822_201008.jpg

Four Roses Single Barrel is up... Quite tasty, very long fairly intense finish

I used to really enjoy this whiskey, but it's quite plain tasting after the four roses...

IMG_20190822_213232.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom