Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (48 Viewers)

Had the above 15-year-old Kilchoman last night -- simply outstanding, even among all the top Islays. Now to find a bottle...

I keep hearing about Kilchoman. I really need to get my hands on a bottle.

Had the above 15-year-old Kilchoman last night -- simply outstanding, even among all the top Islays. Now to find a bottle...

I’m not aware of any 15yo Kilchoman, Larry. Undone think the distillery was already opened 15 years ago. Are you sure it was a Kilchoman 15? Maybe it was the Glen Scotia?

Glad I found this thread. Here’s one of my favorites. If there are any Laphroaig fans here I highly recommend snagging a bottle of the cask strength.

View attachment 319770

One of the best values in Single Malts for me. Huge fan of the 10 Cask Strength. Batch 9 is fantastic. Batch 10 is great as well, although a bit sweeter.

I'm waiting for the re-openimg of Brora and Port Ellen that should happen in 2020.
There was an investment of £35m
The company said the two distilleries would produce in carefully controlled quantities replicating where possible the distillation regimes and spirit character of the original distilleries.

I'm a big fan of Brora but the prices today are ridiculous high, so I hope that when the distillery opens they will have some kind of affordable vintage as marketing campaign.

I’m not aware of any 15yo Kilchoman, Larry. Undone think the distillery was already opened 15 years ago. Are you sure it was a Kilchoman 15? Maybe it was the Glen Scotia?
No, def not the Glen Scotia. The bartender poured our two drinks (the other was a Calvados) at a back counter, and I asked the age, but didn't see or get a picture of the bottle. My bad...I usually photograph everything we drink...

Gift from a neighbor, pretty tasty, quite sweet...on a rock almost tastes like an old fashioned with a bit of a spicy rye finish.

IMG_20190809_223903.jpg

After the All In at the Alamo ended, we had our last supper at a favorite nearby restaurant called Ocho tonight. And of course, they had three Texas "bourbons" on the bar list. What can I say, we're weak.

The Garrison Brothers low-ender on the right was awfully ordinary, but still commanded $25 a shot. The other two were decent, but at $35 and $40 per shot, with a somewhat unpleasant aftertaste of anise, were way overpriced, and not something we'd try again. And they were 115 and 133 proof, respectively. (We had just samples, plus a full pour of the 133 proof "Cowboy" in the center.)

I suspect that from the name, the "Balmorhea" on the left is intended to attract Scotch drinkers, but no way, Jose. "Everything's bigger in Texas" -- especially some prices. :(

TXbourbon.jpg

Anyone had this before? I’m going to try it tonight.

B989B41F-E1B1-4FD3-9CCD-CCB00230E9A4.jpeg

I also sampled this tonight but they are sold out and told they likely won’t receive anymore. It was fantastic.

481DD36A-3C56-4890-A77A-618FB8F075F4.jpeg

End of the first week of school with the kiddos. 2nd grade this year and it was unexpected. The rest of the week was subpar so I'm grabbing a drink this evening.

Journeymen Distillery Not a King Rye.

20190817_005511.jpg

Anyone had this before? I’m going to try it tonight.

View attachment 324547

I also sampled this tonight but they are sold out and told they likely won’t receive anymore. It was fantastic.

View attachment 324548
Screwball is fun with Chambord it taste like peanut butter and jelly. I also did skrewball, chocolate liquor and Chambord. Fun Drink for a party.

Screwball is fun with Chambord it taste like peanut butter and jelly. I also did skrewball, chocolate liquor and Chambord. Fun Drink for a party.
I’m trying to locate some. I’m thinking it would be delicious with chocolate liqueur and half and half over ice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom