Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (35 Viewers)

Anyone had the Bardstown Discovery #1? Opinions? Found a bottle at $170 and trying to decide if I pull the trigger.

Saw this today. Not sure how overpriced it is, but every orphan barrel I’ve had has been good.

FA8FA584-ED41-49B4-9C12-FC5117384B64.jpeg
2B173B1D-642F-4D3E-B6E2-D71AAFC8B35E.jpeg

I use distiller dot com to get my initial sense of new bourbons, then explore from there. Discovery 1 is rated below every other Discovery there. I own a #2 and like it quite a bit.
Ok. That’s good enough for me to pass on it. Thx!

I have the Old Soul 14 year but didn’t want to open it yet so I bought this to try first

Drinks thin but lots of fruit. Short finish but very sweet. I might have to crack that 14

F16BA5DB-737C-4BCE-8EAB-26597BE4CE51.jpeg

Finished this today. Can't have visible trash cans in *front* of my house. The city and HOA both say that since I'm a corner lot, the side of my house is also the front of my house. Whatever. Trash can blind built.
IMG_1542(Edited).jpg

So why did I put that in the whiskey thread? Because I just opened a Blanton's and am drinking it now. That's why. Letting the methanol go away first, then sip sip sip time.

@Saoliver

Never had this one before. This one is a bit different! Enjoying it though! Unique nose and palate....at certain angles from the glen cairn or on certain sips, I feel like I am drinking a bourbon. On other sips I get those spicy rye notes, weird! A nice lil pour, Thank You!!

20210731_194121.jpg

@Saoliver

Never had this one before. This one is a bit different! Enjoying it though! Unique nose and palate....at certain angles from the glen cairn or on certain sips, I feel like I am drinking a bourbon. On other sips I get those spicy rye notes, weird! A nice lil pour, Thank You!!

View attachment 746219

From what I hear, everything from Nashville barrel is good. I have the GA picks 1 & 2

Batch 3 or 4 would be my favorable recs over the rest. Expect at ~200, usually more.
I will keep my eye out. I think we skipped from Disco2 to Disco5 around here and skipped the in between.

Blanton's is good. Worth retail. Paying $125-150 or more for this on secondary is just stupid. IMO. First pour done, need another. You know, for science.

I will keep my eye out. I think we skipped from Disco2 to Disco5 around here and skipped the in between.

Blanton's is good. Worth retail. Paying $125-150 or more for this on secondary is just stupid. IMO. First pour done, need another. You know, for science.

I agree on the Blanton's. Good at retail for a low proof sipper. Never for more $$$

I agree on the Blanton's. Good at retail for a low proof sipper. Never for more $$$
I'm curious is Straight From The Barrel does for Blanton's what Barrel Proof does for Elijah Craig. Not that I'll ever find out, but maybe I stumble across that SFTB bottle some day.

I'm curious is Straight From The Barrel does for Blanton's what Barrel Proof does for Elijah Craig. Not that I'll ever find out, but maybe I stumble across that SFTB bottle some day.

That's what I had the other night... sftb was way hotter and more complex imo... so to answer your question, I think yes

I’m near the end of a bottle of EH Taylor small batch. It’s so fantastic, especially that last 3rd of the bottle. Glad I’ve got a bunch more of them. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom