Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (58 Viewers)

Joining in the fryeday festivities, looking forward to the second taste of Willet.

20210402_194027.jpg

Blanton's is mash bill #2, not wheated.
Ahh gotcha. I like Blantons at max maybe $80. But I don’t like it above that. But I know it’s secondary is more. I bought a gold for $180 before and definitely did not think it was worth $180.
If I can catch another Blantons at retail, I’ll grab one.

My ranking:

BT, just because... so good. $25/bottle is a steal... A STEAL

Willet

Belle Meade... first time trying it so will put it in the middle.

Crown... surprisingly good

Peerless... this is not worth $100/bottle in my opinion... not even close. This should be $40/max. Good heat, lack of flavors. Big disappointment, unimpressed. I wanted the wow factor, but nah.

Which Peerless Rye were you drinking? Single Barrel, Small Batch, Barrel proof?

The Willett rye is really interesting, its definitely not a super spicy rye. Floral notes and I get dark fruit /cherries and a very dark sweetness on the palate, almost like molasses.

I've seen a bunch of different labels on the Peerless rye. Mine says "Barrel Proof" up top, others say "Small Batch" but those also seem to be higher proof. Are they different?

I've seen a bunch of different labels on the Peerless rye. Mine says "Barrel Proof" up top, others say "Small Batch" but those also seem to be higher proof. Are they different?

Yes, I believe they are. Mine is the Small Batch @ 109.6 proof. Granted I just had a pour that was not as impressive as the sample I had at the store before I bought the bottle.....but I just opened it yesterday. Time will tell

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom