Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (99 Viewers)

Been on the lookout for one of these at a good price.

C4306BAC-C203-4BE3-8E26-A7F565C9E23E.jpeg

What's the price point on the 12? I'm guessing its more affordable than the 16? I honestly have no idea. I guess I could google it lol.
Actually, no. It’s like twice the price (used to be only slightly more, even like a couple years ago, but scotch prices be crazy these days). Cask strength and much...well...more Laga-ish. Really great, IMO, and worth a try.

Came across a couple of 107s on the shelf around the beginning of Covid. Retail went up to 50 bucks in VA, and they replaced the twist off lid w a cork. I think still worth 50 bucks but not more IMO. Solid pour but not crazy good.

Came across a couple of 107s on the shelf around the beginning of Covid. Retail went up to 50 bucks in VA, and they replaced the twist off lid w a cork. I think still worth 50 bucks but not more IMO. Solid pour but not crazy good.
I don’t disagree, but you can’t really touch OWA for less than $100 anywhere in the Tristate area. My upper limit was $75, as there are far more interesting options at that price and beyond.

Last edited:
I’m enjoying bourbon and rye (especially rye), but I still don’t think they hold a candle to single malt scotch, except maybe at the very highest levels, like certain BTACs.

And TBH, the prices I’m paying for bourbons and ryes are just nuts compared to the cost of quality scotches, even in the current high tariff environment.
Any recommendations on a reasonable scotch? Lagavulin, laphroaig, and ardbeg were usually in the rotation until got more into bourbon - looking to switch it up a bit

Any recommendations on a reasonable scotch? Lagavulin, laphroaig, and ardbeg were usually in the rotation until got more into bourbon - looking to switch it up a bit
Do you like smoke/peat? What is "reasonable"? Price?

Smoke/peat: Laga and Talisker are solid picks.
Some smoke/peat: Longrow Peated or Oban 14
Still less: Highland Park, Clynelish

Do you like smoke/peat? What is "reasonable"? Price?

Smoke/peat: Laga and Talisker are solid picks.
Some smoke/peat: Longrow Peated or Oban 14
Still less: Highland Park, Clynelish
Probably should've mentioned that :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: , sub $100 - Laga went up a bit but still~$80 by me. I've had talisker and highland park, and like a little more smoke/peat, so longrow and oban sound interesting

Probably should've mentioned that :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: , sub $100 - Laga went up a bit but still~$80 by me. I've had talisker and highland park, and like a little more smoke/peat, so longrow and oban sound interesting
Any of those should be well under $100, and close in price to the Laga, if not less, in some cases. Oban is probably the best all-around scotch there is--it has it all, a nice amount of peat and smoke, but really well-rounded and balanced too. Longrow is the peated whisky made by Springbank. For something without peat/smoke, Springbank would be a great choice.

Any of those should be well under $100, and close in price to the Laga, if not less, in some cases. Oban is probably the best all-around scotch there is--it has it all, a nice amount of peat and smoke, but really well-rounded and balanced too. Longrow is the peated whisky made by Springbank. For something without peat/smoke, Springbank would be a great choice.
Much appreciated!

Any recommendations on a reasonable scotch? Lagavulin, laphroaig, and ardbeg were usually in the rotation until got more into bourbon - looking to switch it up a
I happen to know that the Ardbeg 10 tastes like betadyne. The bottle calls it "tarry rope"...I'll bring some for you to try on Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom