Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (48 Viewers)

skin that smoke wagon!

20210224_193404.jpg

Maybe my current favorite Islay yearly release, man. Those 12 Cask Strength are just awesome. Some still balk that the 12CS is 50% more expensive than the 16 but, it's CS vs 43% and it seems to be 100% ex-bourbon barrel matured, vs the 16 that has some ex-sherry in it with added color. The best barrels go to the 12CS.

The only reason why it's not a slam-dunk choice for me is that the Laphroaig 10CS is always so fantastic and costs a little more than half of what the Laga 12CS costs. So those Laffie take the value cake while the Laga 12CSs take my preference cake.

Just picked up some really good hootch for another member. I love these guys that scour the internet for good deals and spend $175-200 per bottle.
View attachment 643822

You’re the best, Jeff!! Thank you my friend.

That Burnside is actually a 25 year old tea-spooned Balvenie single cask (ex-bourbon hogsheads) at cask strength. Can’t even fathom how much one of those would go for if it was an official bottling.

Btw, those were not deals per se. They were only available at Binnys.

Thanks again, man.

Last edited:
You’re the best, Jeff!! Thank you my friend.

That Burnside is actually a 25 year old tea-spooned Balvenie single cask (ex-bourbon hogsheads) at cask strength. Can’t even fathom how much one of those would go for if it was an official bottling.

Btw, those were not deals per se. They were only available at Binnys.

Thanks again, man.
Some day I hope to have the knowledge and wisdom you have.

Holy crap, you guys. This one thread is like an entire forum unto itself - I can't keep up! o_O

Oops?

I mistakenly bought Wild Turkey 101 Straight Bourbon yesterday (was supposed to grab the rye for some cocktails).

View attachment 641652

Any opinions on it? What’s the best way to drink it?
WT 101 is a solid inexpensive daily drinker, and it works well for cocktails that call for both bourbon and rye.

Holy crap, you guys. This one thread is like an entire forum unto itself - I can't keep up! o_O

WT 101 is a solid inexpensive daily drinker, and it works well for cocktails that call for both bourbon and rye.
I popped it open and used it in an Old Fashioned. Worked really well. And given the price, I’m happy I made the mistake!

While not scotch or whiskey, if you like tequila the Michael Jordon Cincoro (anejo) is fantastic. It’s a sipper and you need no chaser!

Since I’m still living in my city high-rise and haven’t lived in my main home in almost a year (the pandemic makes my relatively remote and rural area super difficult to get delivery type services in), I’ve put together temporary bar and have been slowing bringing in bottles to fill it up.

Not an ideal situation, but can at least host some tastings now.

View attachment 641498
I’ve never managed to find any of the Willett estate single barrel bourbons around here. Are they worth the exorbitant prices on the secondary market? Their standard bourbon and ryes are pretty mehh to me.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom