Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (73 Viewers)

Holy crap, you guys. This one thread is like an entire forum unto itself - I can't keep up! o_O

WT 101 is a solid inexpensive daily drinker, and it works well for cocktails that call for both bourbon and rye.

Lol yep - sometimes if I neglect to check PCF for a few days it stops notifying me of updates to this thread because it moves so quickly.

Used the new glasses last night. Really like how they feel.
20210224_211754.jpg

Even worse when someone posts they are looking for something and you try to scroll through while at the store. “I promise I’m not a flipper I’m just trying to find what my friend wants.”

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. :LOL: :laugh: I used to get weird looks but most of the guys know what I'm doing now. I also used to be shy/quick about taking pictures, that passed a while back lol.

@FDLmold - tell me more about oxygenating. I've not heard of people doing that before
It is simply agitating the liquid in the glass (swirling it around), or simply exposing it to air. Aerating is another term you might see. It's a fancy pants word. I think the big effect of it is that the light hydrocarbons, that taste like booty, get a chance to vaporize and escape.

How’s this one? I’ve never had it. I heard it’s comparable to OF 1910
I love them both. They are similar in that you get that toasted barrel/barrel char flavor more prominent. The Woodford Double Oaked is a bourbon that I would give to non-bourbon drinkers to try.

It is simply agitating the liquid in the glass (swirling it around), or simply exposing it to air. Aerating is another term you might see. It's a fancy pants word. I think the big effect of it is that the light hydrocarbons, that taste like booty, get a chance to vaporize and escape.
I've heard of aerating wine obviously.
How long do you let it breathe typically?

How’s this one? I’ve never had it. I heard it’s comparable to OF 1910

See below :)
I love them both. They are similar in that you get that toasted barrel/barrel char flavor more prominent. The Woodford Double Oaked is a bourbon that I would give to non-bourbon drinkers to try.

I find I like the double oaked just a hair better (slightly more aromatic nose I think), but both are really good. Tons of oak and caramel and vanilla with a nice buttery finish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom