Official Error Chip Thread (4 Viewers)

Errors: 10/1150 chips

DSC_0474 – Kopio.JPG

So the errors are that some alternating colors did not alternate correctly...

Interesting $5 error though. They used a completely different punch to give you 2 more inserts.

Interesting $5 error though. They used a completely different punch to give you 2 more inserts.

Yepp. And that fiver was really speacial with that different punch. All of them stays in the set and in play.
However I am sure, none of my players will not even notice those errors.

Maybe it was on purpose. They had to know they had something special when the CC hit the presses.

Ha! I suppose you have a point. They did not pass even Red's QC standards. Shocking, I know.
I dunno Bert, he may have even tried to charge you a bit more for that custom 'way-oversized' '5' chip. Great display though. :)

Yeah, that's pretty rare. Don't recall ever seeing any Noir error chips before.

The only one I have seen is this one. I think I posted it a few times back on ChipTalk somewhere.......weird thing is, that chip was part of a sample set. My first ever $500 Noir

And with different color

Your 500 with the missing spot............
Surely the spots are painted on :) You can see the blue coming through.
Where the spot is missing it looks like either something has been cleaned off, or it has been painted over? Strange........

Surely the spots are painted on :) You can see the blue coming through.

I think that type of blue is prone to color transfer, so those spots of base color blue on top of the edge spots may be just color transfer from adjoining blue chips.

Where the spot is missing it looks like either something has been cleaned off, or it has been painted over? Strange........

It may actually be base color material reinserted (instead of the correct insert color).

Also,
I think that one was a special gift. Accident? @David Spragg
^^ may have been referring to the 814-spotted chip that Pasi received (see below). Done on purpose by you guys? Hard to figure how a single 814 chip gets made instead of 614 accidentally....
dsc_0474-%E2%80%93-kopio-jpg.24608

It may actually be base color material reinserted (instead of the correct insert color).

Also,

^^ may have been referring to the 814-spotted chip that Pasi received (see below). Done on purpose by you guys? Hard to figure how a single 814 chip gets made instead of 614 accidentally....
dsc_0474-%E2%80%93-kopio-jpg.24608

I don't know how their production process varies to ours but for us to have re-inserted a base color spot like that it would have had to have been done on purpose. The clay would have been nowhere near each other in the factory.
Simple solution on Puggy's. Came up one chip short and someone grabbed a previously punched body without noticing it was 814 and spotted it on its own.

Simple solution on Puggy's. Came up one chip short and someone grabbed a previously punched body without noticing it was 814 and spotted it on its own.

^^ This is simply awesome. Great addition to the backstory on one of the best sets ever produced by your company.

That is one awesome chip. Kind of makes the whole set unique. I love it. Great grab I would say :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom