Official Error Chip Thread (3 Viewers)

I'm finally on this thread!!! Woohoo ... Wait a sec... Doh!

PXL_20210927_205422722.jpg

But how does that happen?
Well, these are injection molded, right? So, I would assume that something got clogged :) I don't know how Abbiati's process works, but for things like double-shot keyboard keycaps, it's a multi-step process. So, if it's anything like that, then something didn't inject correctly (or maybe the black injected first where it shouldn't have? Someone please educate me

LOVE this
Can’t be very common to get the wrong stamp in the wrong color chip

View attachment 866463

I think it’s almost unheard of to have a Paulson chip that was not cancelled or starburst

View attachment 866464
Not sure the back story/if it’s an error chip but would love to hear why they made them the same color as the .50. Maybe the only had a .25 in play then swapped them out when they decided to introduce a .50 and replacement .25? Would be confusing as hell to make the new .50 the same color though… so I’m still clueless. Hope someone else knows !

76E90BBB-17D5-446C-B191-025E33AAF52A.jpeg
7CFBDFC4-34A1-4C9E-8953-C6EF01A19531.jpeg

WooHoo! I love this about the process.
View attachment 868066
So interesting. In an earlier conversation with David about the possibility of doing a single moon chip, he indicated all three moons were cut at the same time. Meaning they filled the moon back in with yellow. Can you see a line where the missing moon should be?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom