Official Dungeons & Dragons Thread... (1 Viewer)

Fairly certain the 2020 MTTD will be May 22-24. unlike years past, where we played cards Thur, Fri, and Sat... this year, due to it being Memorial Day weekend, we will run poker Fri, Sat, and all day Sunday. Thursday will be reserved for a pre-MTTD one shot D&D adventure on the new digital maps table. :). You literally heard it here first, folks.

snagged a new laptop... im not typically a laptop kinda guy, but the price was right, and I needed something newer to run the gaming table. works really well.

gaming table.jpg

It's a Samsung Spin 7 with 8mb ram and 512 gb of SSD storage. runs cool and quiet.

Behind the DM screen of today’s session. Lots of minis used... some more than once.

Almost had open revolt when the rogue stole a valuable magic item from the treasure
Trove of loot after the main boss battle

BCD18894-78AE-46F0-B22D-2B9510D4FBAF.jpeg
C007A1D6-A98A-4DD5-B68F-56C8263406A8.jpeg
102FDA1C-3C11-4CFA-BCF7-73D7760E9517.jpeg
1F5007EA-FCB9-4504-96EC-341BC365D828.jpeg

MTTD 7 is a go! And Thursday night will be a D&D one shot.

May 21-24. 2020

I have been getting into painting miniatures more lately. After looking back at what I have spent on buying miniatures for my game, I decided I needed a cheaper alternative. I just snagged a 3-D printer, which should produce miniatures of much higher quality than the ones I have been purchasing. IT will also Cost approximately $.20 per miniature in resin. My printer unit is costing me $230, and necessary accessories are running me an additional $100. Considering that most miniatures cost five dollars or more these days, I will fairly quickly reach my break even point.

Here’s a recent miniature I purchased/painted

CD91A782-9F0B-4296-9AE2-C6116D33A936.jpeg

The printer I purchased was the anycubic photon resin Printer.

Here’s a recent miniature a

The 3d printer will be awesome for making minis. If I had a D&D (or other RPG campaign), I would certainly make the investment. Imagine getting a new mini after your barbarian upgrades from using the club he had when he was level 1, to using the +4 battleaxe from the Bloodforges (but keeping the club on his waist for sentimental reasons).

Now imagine that it only cost 22 cents (and about 10 hours to design, print and paint).

Not only would it be awesome from the aesthetic point of view, it would help prevent "that guy" that has an equipment list 6 sheets of notebook paper long that claims he can carry it all because he has the encumbrance.

"Yes, you can carry 7 kite shields on your back. But when I print the figure and he falls over backward, you will realize they you must crawl everywhere, or tip over backwards."

The 3d printer will be awesome for making minis. If I had a D&D (or other RPG campaign), I would certainly make the investment. Imagine getting a new mini after your barbarian upgrades from using the club he had when he was level 1, to using the +4 battleaxe from the Bloodforges (but keeping the club on his waist for sentimental reasons).

Now imagine that it only cost 22 cents (and about 10 hours to design, print and paint).

Not only would it be awesome from the aesthetic point of view, it would help prevent "that guy" that has an equipment list 6 sheets of notebook paper long that claims he can carry it all because he has the encumbrance.

"Yes, you can carry 7 kite shields on your back. But when I print the figure and he falls over backward, you will realize they you must crawl everywhere, or tip over backwards."

I have no idea how to model minis (at this point).. but there are hundreds of free mini files online... including just about every monster you can think of... I think as a DM, this will be my big savings. I want a horde of Orcs, I can print them.. I want that special big baddie boss guy, I can print them...

I have no idea how to model minis (at this point).. but there are hundreds of free mini files online... including just about every monster you can think of... I think as a DM, this will be my big savings. I want a horde of Orcs, I can print them.. I want that special big baddie boss guy, I can print them...
As long as you plan far enough ahead! Printing a horde of orcs will take a while

I suppose as a bonus it does force you to get everything figured out early

As long as you plan far enough ahead! Printing a horde of orcs will take a while

I suppose as a bonus it does force you to get everything figured out early

with resin printing, I can print an entire print plate full of minis at the same time. 1 or 6... Doesn’t take any longer...

Setting up my workstation for painting and printing minis.

crafted a UV curing light box and a ventilation system.

1D2DCA46-EA8B-4FEF-82F3-C864317CA894.jpeg

C2F29023-559C-4C10-B21F-7F6040A47D3B.jpeg

83BF2B13-0589-4038-88EF-94068F6069E9.jpeg

I've never played the game myself, but even I found these videos quite funny with absolutely no context of the game whatsoever. The Bard & Warlock ones are my favourites:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom