New complex spot level charts available. (2 Viewers)

I only want two colors. Well the base color and two colors. So three colors I suppose. If I do this set the way I want this chip is gonna be $4.40 per chip lol.

Question, if the 414 spot pattern is a lvl 3 and a 418 is a lvl 6, why is the 414418 a lvl 11? 6+3 = 9 :)

With more stages of punching/pressing, the odds of chip breakage go up - and breakage in a late stage destroys the labor from all prior stages.

So you get more rejects, AND the rejects are more costly.

Do it the way you want, cost be damned.

After the sticker shock has worn off, you'll be glad you had them made. Five years from now you'll still be looking at these chips in awe, and you won't quite remember (or care) exactly what level they were or how much they cost. Go for it!

Another thing level 11 spots have going for them: They make level 8 chips look like a bargain! :)

After the sticker shock has worn off, you'll be glad you had them made. Five years from now you'll still be looking at these chips in awe, and you won't quite remember (or care) exactly what level they were or how much they cost. Go for it!

Another thing level 11 spots have going for them: They make level 8 chips look like a bargain! :)
Damn straight. I don't know that I've ever had anything where I've sunk as much money into it as I did my chips with zero buyer's remorse.

Can I interest anyone in a short-term, high-risk, low return investment opportunity? I NEED to get that custom Poseidon's Palace set I always wanted to build!

aak3r5.png
o6bltc.png

VERY rough, haven't worked with the new tool yet.

Last edited:
I hope it is a .25 chip. Bonus points for making chips that cost 20 times more than they're worth!!!

Its a $1 chip so I would probably have about 200-300 of them made for a 1k chip set I think. Anyway, I just posted my first attempt at a mock-up in the mock-up area of the site if you want to take a look.

418 punches used to exist but broke all the time. I will try and explain simply why.
Obviously 1/8 wide pins are very small and not very strong. There comes a point when the material you are punching is almost as strong as the punch, and unless all pins struck the chip surface at precisely the same millisecond one can easily bend or break. It is very hard to make 4 pins come into contact at exactly the same time, even allowing the chip flexes a fraction.
Take a 4 legged bar stool and cut a little off one leg. It will wobble. Impossible for all 4 legs to touch the floor (if it is flat :) ) at the same time. 3 legged stool is very stable though. Cut a bit off a leg and it still balances.

but i really really really like 8-legged bar stools......said the chip octopus

Great stuff all-around, David. Thanks for all you do regarding this hobby/business/insanity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom