Need to buy new cards for our home game (1 Viewer)

Marmacette

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi !
We are a group of 10 friends playing a home game every two or three weeks and it is now time to buy some new cards. We used to buy Copag cards but we are not 100% satisfied in them so we want to try something new. We do not want to buy a 45$ deck also, but do not want cheap cards either.
We are based in Canada... so we'd like to buy from a Canadian vendor ideally in order to save on shipping...

I found these from a Canadian vendor... are these cards good ?

modiano.jpg

Last edited:
Modianos are good cards, more stiff than Copacs and less slippery.

Jumbo > standard though

Those are good, but with the standard index, it could be difficult to distinguish between clubs and spades across an oval imo. I own the Modiano Platinum in std index, and don't use them for this reason. If you are near Ottawa, let me know and you can check out a few options.

That said, the price at that vendor is pretty darn good if you are doing the bulk purchase.

Yeah I like Modianos better than Copags. Cards are very subjective though - different people like different things. Comparing the two, modianos are a bit more substantial than copags, but at the same time they’re a bit flexier than copags because they’re made of a different material. And the modianos have a nice textured finish as well.

Pulled up to an estate sale yesterday. The guy proceeds to ask me if I am looking for something specific. I asked him if he had anything related to poker. He pulled out a box of his dad’s playing cards. He knew what the cards were, so not a home run deal, but it averaged out to about 4 bucks a pack for brand new Modiano's.....as I am pulling away from the sale, I could not help but wonder what type of chips this person may have had.......

1662820750638.jpeg

Check if this vendor provides Modiano Platinium... You will thank me later...

It's a good deal for US residents. it's not as great for Canadians, though. There is no prime option for Canadian residents, and $34 USD shipped to Canada for 2 decks isn't great given our current exchange rate (works out to just over $44 Cdn).

There are no Canadian resellers for Bullet cards, which is unfortunate, as they are quite nice.

I really like the those Modiano Club cards. We have used them a lot. I have since switched to Kem though but will go back to the Modiano if I get any warping issues with Kem.

Hi !
We are a group of 10 friends playing a home game every two or three weeks and it is now time to buy some new cards. We used to buy Copag cards but we are not 100% satisfied in them so we want to try something new. We do not want to buy a 45$ deck also, but do not want cheap cards either.
We are based in Canada... so we'd like to buy from a Canadian vendor ideally in order to save on shipping...

View attachment 984435
Not all modiano cards are the same. You want acetate plastic cards - they hold up the best. Only the modiano platinum series are acetate plastic. The ones in the picture are not, and are more like copaq cards - which are more flimsy and don’t hold up near as well. I believe kem cards are acetate plastic as well. for me it’s Modiano platinum series all day long.

If you're buying more than 1 set, then we can do flat rate boxes which really help reduce shipping costs within Canada.
I would need two sets... what would be the shipping cost because on your website, it gives me $26.95cdn. Thanks

Hi !

View attachment 984435
I bought the package of those with 12 set ups. Really nice cards. I am partial to Modiano cards, they are thicker and more textured than Copags. The main difference is the packaging when comparing the beige/green cards to the black package 100%plastic. Otherwise great cards. They should last for 3 to 4+ game nights depending on the group and playing surface.

I also bought some of the 4 pip cards with motorcycles on them as I really liked that deck set up as one of my original buys back in the day....those cards easily saw 20 games, unfortunately even a cleaning in my ultrasonic didnt clean off the funk to make them easier to shuffle....still they were well worth the $. I was not kind to them they played on felt covered plywood, kitchen tables and regular poker tables. Poor quality surfaces will scratch your cards on the face side.

Last edited:
I would need two sets... what would be the shipping cost because on your website, it gives me $26.95cdn. Thanks

A small flat rate box is$18.49 fits up to 4 sets. That's probably the cheapest option.

We don't do a ton of small sales on our website, so the shipping prices are based on weight and not always accurate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom