New Favorite Cards = Desjgn (1 Viewer)

Huskerchipper

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank the group for their shared experiences with Desjgn cards. Ordered a couple decks and they arrived a few days ago. I absolutely love the look and feel of these. I have played with the same group of people for over 20 years. Most of them are not super serious players and they have not loved my Modianos, Del Negros and other cards that I have introduced because of how slick they are. We have a game coming up in 3 weeks and I'm super excited to introduce these!!! I think they are going to love them!!

Last edited:
They both look and feel fantastic. The design is distinctive and wonderful; finding some in standard index was one of the most fulfilling experiences for me as a card hound, lol.

Yes, Desjgn are really nice cards. If you ever find some of their their older Victorian V1's buy them. They were one of the best plastic playing cards ever made IMHO. I got lucky and found a NOS setup, on eBay.

You also need to try Broken Arrows. IMHO they come really close the Desjgn in handling. Maybe they even use the same card stock.

I was able to buy a set of Desjgn Classic Baroque Bridge Jumbo index and what should I say? These are amazing and I really love the look and feel of these great cards…. The white is white and the red is red…. After playing with these I hated my old Fournier decks where the red is more like a redish brown…

PXL_20230420_182546675.jpeg

I’ve read a bit about Desjgn on PCF and bought a set of the Classic Victorian a couple days ago. Really excited to try these out! I grew up on the paper stock and a bought a set of Da Vinci a couple of years ago to see what the plastic cards were all about. I like them a lot, but to me they slide a bit more than I would like. It’ll be interesting to compare the two.

I'll have to give them a try. The kast time we played I brought out some broken arrow cards that made it through 2 hands. More than one guy said what the heck is S? I couldn't tell suit or numbers in front of 3 seats from me either. No wonder the guys on other side of the table were yelling for the other no name plastic cards back. Those suck too but not as bad.
Always looking for easier to read cards. most of us can't see that well.

I'll have to give them a try. The kast time we played I brought out some broken arrow cards that made it through 2 hands. More than one guy said what the heck is S? I couldn't tell suit or numbers in front of 3 seats from me either. No wonder the guys on other side of the table were yelling for the other no name plastic cards back. Those suck too but not as bad.
Always looking for easier to read cards. most of us can't see that well.
I would be shocked if you don't absolutely love them. Let us know.

My Desjgn decks just came in. They are VERY nice! Incredibly pleased and impressed with them! I like them way better than my DaVinci decks. Definite favorite now, I’ll have to buy more in the future.

broke these cards out for the first time at my last home game and I can’t express how much I loved them all around. Ironically, when I unwrapped them and felt the desjgn for the first time I was. Worried that I wouldn’t like them. By the end of the night they are my favs!

My Desjgn decks just came in. They are VERY nice! Incredibly pleased and impressed with them! I like them way better than my DaVinci decks. Definite favorite now, I’ll have to buy more in the future.
are the Desjgn cards stiffer than the DaVinci?
Always felt the Da Vinci set is a little too stiff, rather prefer the softer feel of Copags.

If you want soft feel, then I would suggest Kem, Fournier, Angel.
Kem, Angel yes but Fournier??? I would never put Fournier into the soft category with the exception of their older "Made for Congress" cards. We find Fournier to be just a tad stiff. They do create a nice crisp shuffle but hardly buttery soft like Kem.

I agree that there's a lot to like about Desjgn. Wide selection of colors, sizes and styles. Fairly affordable and easy to find in the US. We haven't seen any warping or fading so far. They handle just about perfect with great artwork. We really liked the older/obsolete Desjgn Victorian V1's that used Amass card stock.

Last edited:
Desjgn (poker sized) are my favorite playing cards too. They glide so well over the felt, the feels is great, easy to shuffle, and the cards look great. I've tried Modiano, Faded Spade 3.0, and Gemaco.

My only gripe with these cards is that they bend so easily. It's most likely user error, but I had to throw away 2 setups my last two games due to the cards bending in the middle/corner. I'm on the hunt for new cards that are slightly thicker and glide just as well as Desjgn, but haven't found anything yet. Might have to go back to faded spade 3.0, since those are stiff as hell but at least they can take some abuse. Maybe I'll give bridge size a shot for Desjgn.

Desjgn (poker sized) are my favorite playing cards too. They glide so well over the felt, the feels is great, easy to shuffle, and the cards look great. I've tried Modiano, Faded Spade 3.0, and Gemaco.

My only gripe with these cards is that they bend so easily. It's most likely user error, but I had to throw away 2 setups my last two games due to the cards bending in the middle/corner. I'm on the hunt for new cards that are slightly thicker and glide just as well as Desjgn, but haven't found anything yet. Might have to go back to faded spade 3.0, since those are stiff as hell but at least they can take some abuse. Maybe I'll give bridge size a shot for Desjgn.
I had a card bend on Saturday. I didn't see how it happened so I can't say if it happened easily or not. I have one player especially that has a tendency to aggressively flip cards or throw chips (drives me nutz) and I'm guessing it was him. I'm going to simply order another setup and keep the other deck for backups if it happens again. I also have tried many different brands and am settling on Desjgn cards. I had quite a few people tell me they really really like these compared to some others i have tried. If u find anything please share with the group...until then I'm staying put.

I had a card bend on Saturday. I didn't see how it happened so I can't say if it happened easily or not. I have one player especially that has a tendency to aggressively flip cards or throw chips (drives me nutz) and I'm guessing it was him. I'm going to simply order another setup and keep the other deck for backups if it happens again. I also have tried many different brands and am settling on Desjgn cards. I had quite a few people tell me they really really like these compared to some others i have tried. If u find anything please share with the group...until then I'm staying put.
I’m giving Davincis a shot but I’ll let you know once I get them. Also, I’m using a topper from Rjdev for context. I guess we both aren’t immune to bent cards haha.

Just got the davinci’s and here are my initial thoughts. Color is great and cards are a little thicker than desjgn so they shouldn’t get bent accidentally. It comes with a decent plastic case and two cut cards. The cards don’t slide as well as desjgn or FS on my SPW topper but better than my Gemaco. Also they don’t smell great right out the plastic. I havent played with them but hopefully will get them in play soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 35
Just got the davinci’s and here are my initial thoughts. Color is great and cards are a little thicker than desjgn so they shouldn’t get bent accidentally. It comes with a decent plastic case and two cut cards. The cards don’t slide as well as desjgn or FS on my SPW topper but better than my Gemaco. Also they don’t smell great right out the plastic. I havent played with them but hopefully will get them in play soon.
Those look ALOT like my Modianos

Attachments

• 20240221_182855.jpg
    20240221_182855.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 30
Cool thread, we almost exclusively play with copags at my home game. I'm going to give these desjng a try to change it up a bit. I do have one guy who's quite rough on the cards. I've had to get 2 replacements from copag he keeps breaking the corners of cards.

Cool thread, we almost exclusively play with copags at my home game. I'm going to give these desjng a try to change it up a bit. I do have one guy who's quite rough on the cards. I've had to get 2 replacements from copag he keeps breaking the corners of cards.
Everyone has that ONE GUY right??? LMAO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom