Need some advice about a situation at work (1 Viewer)

I don't quite get the 'I worked too hard and can't make it to work at 7:30am.' I would get in from NY at 2:30 in the morning and still had to be in the office at 8am. It's called pitching in on a hard day and being a good worker. If you were my employee I would have had the same reaction and I'd be looking for a 'team player' to replace you.

If you don't like (fill in the blank) about your job, exceed expectations in your performance. Don't whine or cry about it to anyone. Don't act out. Don't impose a union mentality and be petty with anyone. The door is thataway. Use it as quickly and quietly as you can after you find your new, better job. Assume your old boss, or anyone you have left behind at your old job, or anyone you want to unload your pent up frustration to will be your boss or will be involved in your future hiring someday.

Expect to pay taxes on the gift cards. Soon enough, someone with expertise will see the transaction and realize the cards are a payroll expense. Shorting the IRS for payroll taxes and withholding is a bad, bad idea even if for a Christmas Bonus.

As for your situation - - working for a closely held firm has good and bad sides. The "crazy" owner/boss is typical. You know this, we have seen other threads in the same vein. Patience is required and perhaps a thick skin. The closer you are to the owner in the organization the more pronounced the roller-coaster is.

Been there, done that -=- DrStrange

Expect to pay taxes on the gift cards. Soon enough, someone with expertise will see the transaction and realize the cards are a payroll expense. Shorting the IRS for payroll taxes and withholding is a bad, bad idea even if for a Christmas Bonus.

That depends on where the money for them came from. My boss gave out a bunch last week, and the cash came from his pocket not the company account.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom