Is it just a TX thing..Dr's Billing Practices (2 Viewers)

Budha

Flush
Reaction score
I don’t go to the Dr often (or as much as I should). But ever since moving to TX I’ve felt like the Dr’s office is a business more then looking after the patients well being. Couple of examples.

- Every question has become a line item billable expense. If asking a question about say joint pain during your annual Physical, there is a specific line item additional charge for that “assessment”. Sometimes insurance covers it, sometimes it doesn’t.

- My kids annual checkup’s this year have several line item additional charges that insurance didn’t cover (things like mental health questionnaire, etc). We were not asked if we wanted it, they said it was part of the check-ups, but yet it was a separate line item… etc.

Have you guys experienced these trends in other states..? (It was not a thing in VA). Maybe it’s a recent trend..?

I am aware that VC’s have been buying up medical practices and “optimizing” (monetizing) them (or providing outsourced back office support/office management) But this seems detrimental to the Dr /Patient relationship and trust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom