Need help solving a poker chip mystery (1 Viewer)

MrBo

Two Pair
Reaction score
First, this is NOT a belated April Fool's joke... or at least my wife swears it isn't, and I believe her. She's not one for pranking and understands the sanctity of poker chips, so it can't be her. I, on the other hand, might do something like this, but obviously I know it wasn't me. Hence...

A Mysterious Discovery:
This morning Mrs. Bo and our 15-month old daughter - we'll just call her Lil Bo - go out on their usual Sunday morning grocery trip while I sleep in. By the time they get back, I'm up and greet them at the door to help with putting groceries away. We're in the kitchen when Lil Bo stops in her steps and makes a pretty intense poop face. A minute or two later Mrs. Bo checks to see if it was a false alarm or not. She pulls the back of her pants and diaper back and suddenly exclaims "WHAT THE!! ARE. YOU. SERIOUS!?!?" Unable to imagine what could possibly be so shocking in a toddler's diaper, I look over to see her reach down in and pull out a...

... single Boardwalk 1k chip...

... (and no poop luckily). We are befuddled to say the least, and have no idea how it got in there. Lil Bo is not offering us any clues either, so here are some background facts that might help connect the dots:

1) Lil Bo does enjoy playing with some of my chips when we let her venture down to the basement. She mainly likes to topple stacks of Boardwalk or CPS chips, splash pots, and drool all over them. Yesterday morning we had played with some of the Boardwalks for 5 minutes or so. There was no indication that she had smuggled one upstairs.

2) The laundry room is about 10 feet away from the pile of chips and old cards that were on the floor. Btw, I picked them all up this morning and, including the diaper chip, the count is right now.

3) Between yesterday morning and this morning, Lil Bo had obviously underwent a handful of diaper changes and had changed outfits twice (what kind of monster parents do you think we are!?).

That's about all we've got. No other idea as to how it got there or what kind of journey it went on to wind up there. Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes:

SometImes it is amazing what little ones can do. My son about 1 1/2 crawled out of his crib down the stairs opened the fridge climbed up the inside opened the cupboard above the fridge climbed into it and was sitting there eating cookies at 2:30 am when I found him.

When determined they can do anything they set there mind too

SometImes it is amazing what little ones can do. My son about 1 1/2 crawled out of his crib down the stairs opened the fridge climbed up the inside opened the cupboard above the fridge climbed into it and was sitting there eating cookies at 2:30 am when I found him.

When determined they can do anything they set there mind too

LOL! So you're saying it gets better?

I have three, two still in diapers and she probably didn't eat it. That is a scary choke hazard. I've found all my kids love stuffing things in their clothes and diapers. It may be it was stuffed in there and then she had a little poop or almost poop. Sometimes the farts are stickier than the poop.

substitue chip for watch?

We can only hope that it wasn't up there that long... or "up there" at all. Looking forward to hosting a tournament with this set one day and reminding everyone somewhere in the middle stages that "the chip" is in play :D

Also, what would've been even more impressive is if it was the Lions Den 1k chip that @MikesDad couldn't find after his Friday tournament.

So, is the working theory that she smuggled it away in her diaper yesterday, stashed it in her crib, recovered it today, and stuck it in her diaper for safe keeping?

Frankly, I'm not sure a poker chip is a choking hazard for a baby, because I think it's way too big.

Last edited:
Any tournaments coming up at your place? Is it possible she was trying to add this one to her stacks?? I know when I smuggle chips into a tournament I often hide them in my diaper so just a heads up to keep an eye on her...

You've never heard of a "fanny pack"?

If there's more than one would it become a fanny stack?

If it turns out that Lil Bo has some magical poker chip making poops, then I'm intrigued. In for a sample set at least. I'll pay extra if you offer prewashing service too.

So, is the working theory that she smuggled it away in her diaper yesterday, stashed it in her crib, recovered it today, and stuck it in her diaper for safe keeping?

Frankly, I'm not sure a poker chip is a choking hazard for a baby, because I think it's way too big.

FYI it is the 43mm version, so slightly less of a choking hazard. I can't recall her ever trying to eat a poker chip either.

The only other item she's smuggled is a pea... in her belly button... twice. The first time she was shirtless, and the other time it must've gone down her shirt and nestled in to a little hiding place. Perhaps it is possible that the chip got mixed in with her laundry at some point and were already in the pants she was wearing today. Still no idea how that would have happened, how it would have gone unnoticed by Mrs. Bo, and, to a lesser extent, how it would have migrated from her pants into the trough of her diaper.

Any tournaments coming up at your place? Is it possible she was trying to add this one to her stacks??

She's not on the email list quite yet, but it's possible one of the other MD PCF regulars has recruited her to get an inside edge.

I'm still waiting for Chippy to make some joke about how she's a nit just like her dad trying to squirrel away her winnings.

It sounds like changes to chip security policies are warranted.

1. Lock up all chip sets so access for Lil Bo is not a temptation.
2. Institute a strict no-diaper policy for tournament and cash games. Put Mrs Bo or @Chippy McChiperson in charge of enforcement.
3. Observe player interaction with Lil Bo. The unscrupulous may be using her as a chip donkey.

It's amazing what winds up in diapers that didn't start from the usual path. At one point we thought our oldest had ringworm. She was 18 months at the time. My wife changed her in the morning and there were these perfectly round things in her poop. On closer inspection it was three Cheerios, which she'd had as a snack two days prior. Evidentially when she finished her snack she took a handful and stashed them somewhere. Two days later she was hungry and went to her stash and in the process dropped a few in her diaper, which admittedly was loose. We found the stash behind some boxes in her room.

Then there's our dog who eats crayons by the boxful. We've never had one come out the other end intact though.

Give here China clays next. May have finally found a way to eliminate the China clay smell.

Not necessarily an improved smell though...

Letting her play with the CPS chips was actually part of my plan to break them in a little more and maybe grind down a bit of the deep cross-hatching :)

Letting her play with the CPS chips was actually part of my plan to break them in a little more and maybe grind down a bit of the deep cross-hatching :)
Lord knows what chemicals that'll expose her to...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom