Naming my Poker Set (1 Viewer)

My name, Hoyle Book Club, came about because I used to organize the game mainly through a private Facebook group.

I needed a name in a pinch, and wanted it to be something that didn’t scream gambling in case somehow a stranger saw it.

Hence “Book Club,” which seemed appropriately boring to prying eyes.

Also “book” is a double entendre in the gambling world, something few would catch. Though I never loan money for cards or anything else…

Hoyle was the name of the nearest road. Also happens to be famous name related to game rules. So, another double entendre.

My advice would be to keep it straightforward and simple, if you’re at a loss for more creative ideas, a basic name is less likely to feel like a mistake later.

Maybe just have HOSS in bigger type, with some smaller descriptive subtitle like Poker Room underneath, plus maybe a town name if you don’t plan on moving. I realistically, people are just going to call it the Hoss game or something like that, no matter what the subtitle is.

My name, Hoyle Book Club, came about because I used to organize the game mainly through a private Facebook group.

I needed a name in a pinch, and wanted it to be something that didn’t scream gambling in case somehow a stranger saw it.

Hence “Book Club,” which seemed appropriately boring to prying eyes.

Also “book” is a double entendre in the gambling world, something few would catch. Though I never loan money for cards or anything else…

Hoyle was the name of the nearest road. Also happens to be famous name related to game rules. So, another double entendre.

My advice would be to keep it straightforward and simple, if you’re at a loss for more creative ideas, a basic name is less likely to feel like a mistake later.

Maybe just have HOSS in bigger type, with some smaller descriptive subtitle like Poker Room underneath, plus maybe a town name if you don’t plan on moving. I realistically, people are just going to call it the Hoss game or something like that, no matter what the subtitle is.
Screenshot_20230603_121527_Chrome.jpg

Quintuple Entendres!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom