Bustin Poker Club (1 Viewer)

Hotus777

Full House
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
My best friend of 15+ years passed away in an unfortunate ATV accident on New Year’s Eve. These past few months have been pretty rough on me. Ive thought about quitting chipping several times now since he was my right hand man when it came to setting up our meet-ups and all poker related mischievous activities we got into.

I’ve decided not to give up, but to carry on his legacy as he was dearly loved by many. I even framed an awesome picture of him and hung it up in my poker war room. I also wanted to create a custom cash set in his honor.

Bustin Poker Club

He was an out going guy and a huge sport enthusiast. His teams were USC, Steelers, LA Dodgers, Lakers, and he was really into Country music (modern and the classics).

I’ve been working on designs with my cousin and started messing around with the design tool.

I’ll post some better photos once I’m at my computer, but these have been some ideas I’ve came up with. I’m trying really hard to come up with a cali set, since we are from California obv. But it’s hard to relate his teams or interests into a yellow $5. I also don’t know if CPC will allow for copyrighted logos to be part of the label.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions are all greatly appreciated.

CHIP D.jpeg
LAKERS.jpeg
STEELERS.jpeg
IMG_4887.jpeg

Another option:

USC red for frac since it’s a college and not pro team
Dodger blue for $1
Laker yellow for $5 and the workhorse
Purple rain for the $20/25
Steeler black for the $100

I might change the spot progression from the $5 to the $20

I also don't know how I feel about Canary Yellow as a base color.

I really LOVE and appreciate the idea to build a chip set in the honor of friend that passed away way too early! For me, that’s among the best if not THE best reason to build a custom set because you can’t get it more personal than this. This is heart touching and it proofs how strong the relationship has been.

I think the simplicity of the design is top notch and the variations based on the teams he loved is also a great idea. I instantly would suggest to make the denoms bigger, but on the other hand it’s good to see that they step in line behind the main element and honestly I wouldn’t make them bigger here also. B-mold would have been my only option here as well!

I can’t wait to see how this set will look like in the end - this will be a keeper set for sure… !

I really LOVE and appreciate the idea to build a chip set in the honor of friend that passed away way too early! For me, that’s among the best if not THE best reason to build a custom set because you can’t get it more personal than this. This is heart touching and it proofs how strong the relationship has been.

I think the simplicity of the design is top notch and the variations based on the teams he loved is also a great idea. I instantly would suggest to make the denoms bigger, but on the other hand it’s good to see that they step in line behind the main element and honestly I wouldn’t make them bigger here also. B-mold would have been my only option here as well!

I can’t wait to see how this set will look like in the end - this will be a keeper set for sure… !
Thanks man, we definitely had a strong bond and I will continue to be there for her family. I was just with them last night at Chuck E. Cheese for his nieces bday party. He was very loved by me and my family. One of a kind type of people.
Appreciate your insight on the chip design, I will look into the denom size, I also wanted to move it up and make it bigger.
Thank you, I’ll keep you all posted on the final design, but I definitely need to put in more time.

IMG_4258.jpeg
IMG_3874.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg

IMG_4383.jpeg
7C7B397E-ADF1-4634-AD53-2C4E7F76DD94.jpeg
IMG_4255.jpeg
IMG_8293.jpeg
IMG_4221.jpeg

Love this man. Any thoughts on the folowing?:

Red frac - USC colors with USC hat
Blue $1 - Dodgers colors with Dodgers hat
Yellow $5 - Lakers colors with Lakers hat
Black $20 - Steelers colors with Steelers hat (or helmet)
White $100 - same logo with your buddy wearing a cowboy hat (to represent the country music piece)

Love this man. Any thoughts on the folowing?:

Red frac - USC colors with USC hat
Blue $1 - Dodgers colors with Dodgers hat
Yellow $5 - Lakers colors with Lakers hat
Black $20 - Steelers colors with Steelers hat (or helmet)
White $100 - same logo with your buddy wearing a cowboy hat (to represent the country music piece)
I like the idea, but I feel like it would be more about the teams/sports rather than my buddy.
I do think the lineup you presented though for the denoms, I’m really liking the cowboy hat on the logo for the hundred! Thank you!

I like the idea, but I feel like it would be more about the teams/sports rather than my buddy.
I do think the lineup you presented though for the denoms, I’m really liking the cowboy hat on the logo for the hundred! Thank you!

For clarity in case it was missed:

Red frac - USC colors with your buddy’s logo wearing a USC hat
Blue $1 - Dodgers colors with your buddy’s logo wearing a Dodgers hat
Yellow $5 - Lakers colors with your buddy’s logo wearing a Lakers hat
Black $20 - Steelers colors with your buddy’s logo wearing a Steelers hat (or helmet)
White $100 - colors TBD with your buddy’s logo wearing a cowboy hat (to represent the country music piece)

Here are two new mockups after taken some suggestions. Still a bit of ways to go, i'm not 100% sold on the $5 edge spots yet, but it reminds me of the Kobe / Mamba logo, which was his favorite player!

1710799926620.png

1710799633528.png

1710799808661.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom