Apes and Ales - Need help with design ideas. (1 Viewer)

jshul

High Hand
Reaction score
Gentlemen and GentleWomen or whatever,

As a new dad - I am looking to organize a much needed weekly boys poker night.

One name that stuck out was Apes and Ales - which sums up my friends pretty well.

It would be my honor to host this game as well as design a custom chip set to match.

The only piece of the puzzle I’m missing is the label.

I have used an app to generate the below - but I’m thinking something more simple to allow room for the name “Apes and Ales” (both A’s looking like Aces!)

I could always do monkey one side - name other side I guess.

Someone help - and feel free to use this idea for yourselves.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 51
I love the name. You’ve got a lot of room for creative design with the name. Perhaps you could take advantage that all words in your name begin with A. Maybe using a single huge “A” on the left side and adding three tiers to add apes and ales.

Could also add an ape hanging on the bottom of an S. Or, add a tap handle of some sort to one of the letters. So many possibilities. Good luck exploring!

I prefer GentleWhatever, please!

One name that stuck out was Apes and Ales - which sums up my friends pretty well.

It would be my honor to host this game as well as design a custom chip set to match.

I have used an app to generate the below - but I’m thinking something more simple to allow room for the name “Apes and Ales” (both A’s looking like Aces!)

I like the name! I like the image! Could look boss on a felt (if you get a custom felt). You could do the ape with the stein on one side of a chip and then a word logo like @inapinch suggested on the other.

Are you planning ceramic, labeled plastic/hybrid or compressed CPC inlays?

Hmmmmmm - then leaning more towards some of the web mold labelled Tina’s I’ve been seeing.
Sure. Both great for different reasons, but the price is an important consideration. Take your time. I'm very happy with my ceramic and my clay chips; if they were the same price the clays are a no-brainer, but they're not.

Also, printed ceramics have the benefit of full face images, but you may lose resolution. A lable or inlay may allow you to keep some of the sharper details.

I just need someone to design the text and add the denoms to both monkey and text side.

Thank you - do people typically share some of their label artwork?

I can’t seem to find a thread on here with ample examples.

When you do a group buy, there are many premade options to choose from. Otherwise you’re on your own for custom artwork.

I like cartoony animals. This little guy with a white background instead of orange might look good.

1708019401764.png

Maybe something like this

Although I think I may just want the A on the ace and then text outside if the card

Mixing these ideas

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 11

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom