My relabel Majestic cash set (1 Viewer)

I 100% prefer the labels without the fade too. I haven't opened all of my chips yet to see if they were mixed or not but I will do that for sure. I noticed the mismatch first in the sample set but didn't think much of it until I started seeing online photos in the classifieds that didn't match...but it's confirmed now that there are two different labels out there. I've notified GearLabels about the issue...he's probably going to have to have artwork for both in the future.

I'm very surprised the change wasnt officially mentioned here.

I just checked my sample set and only the black $100 seems to have the fade. I did notice it when I got the set, but did not pay it too much attention. Hmmmm?

ps. don't mind the cat hair on the $25 o_O

IMG_20170330_155916.jpg
IMG_20170330_155923.jpg

Yeah the new label looks better IMO. Better contrast, more legible. Perhaps Josh @Apache can comment on the change? Is this permanent?

In my sample set, I received a month ago, 2 of the 10 chips had the fade (black $100 and white $1). I assumed it was an imperfection, and not intentional. A sample set is just that, some extras to show the product. I didn't expect much from the sample set, so I didn't worry about it.

Because it was an imperfection, I also assumed bulk chips wouldn't be sold that way. Above you are saying its "2 labels". The fade is subtle and takes away from the sharpness of the chip and it is off center, so I have a hard time believing its intentional. Yes, there is a distinct difference, so to me the difference really points to a QC issue.

Bottom line for me is I would expect 100% same and 0% with the fade.

In my sample set, I received a month ago, 2 of the 10 chips had the fade (black $100 and white $1). I assumed it was an imperfection, and not intentional. A sample set is just that, some extras to show the product. I didn't expect much from the sample set, so I didn't worry about it.

Because it was an imperfection, I also assumed bulk chips wouldn't be sold that way. Above you are saying its "2 labels". The fade is subtle and takes away from the sharpness of the chip and it is off center, so I have a hard time believing its intentional. Yes, there is a distinct difference, so to me the difference really points to a QC issue.

Bottom line for me is I would expect 100% same and 0% with the fade.

The chips originally and have always had the fade until now. Something changed. I like the new labels. Hope it stays that way.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/majestics.18873/#post-353261

There is a tourney set of Majestics (25, 100, 500, 1K, & 5K) up for sale here right now, and they all have the fade.

I was going to post the same thing...most if not all of the classified sales have all chips with the fade. Something has changed and as you guys said, it changed for the better. I like the new crisp look better than the fade. I too thought that my sample set had some factory rejects in it until I saw the classifieds... Anyway, I bought the sample set about 3 weeks ago...and you can see the fade on the $1, $100, and $5000 but not on the rest.

FWIW, I received two sleeves of Majestic green $25's two days ago and they all have the fade label version.

It looks like we are all in agreement that the NO fade is better/crisper. I still feel the fade is not intentional. It is off center and almost random. Why would it be faded there and the other 90% be the same?

Looks like an intentional artistic flourish to me. All the photos of the chips on the Apache website also show the fade.

I just received several packs of $5, $1000, $500, and $25 and luckily none of them have the fade. I think the fade is intentional and I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in the majestic design thread that is rather lengthy. I think it was in the first 3 to 4 pages but I'll see if I can find the link.

I plan to send Gearlabels a couple of samples so he can tweak his artwork to match the new labels for me and if anyone else needs it.

Looking at the artwork, I wouldn't have even noticed the fade. One the lion, there's a very slight one. On the chips, not only is it obvious, its on the letters too. If it was intentional, I don't get it.

It's certainly intentional. It is a fade intended to provide a 3D "sheen" type effect to the text/graphic. I can see it clearly on the lion and letters. But then, I also use professional monitors with a much wider color gamut and better contrast (than typical LCD displays). FWIW... I do not see it on the denom text in the original file. The demons have a solid/uniform color fill.

I think it's still there on the new ones too only slighter. You can see it on the Griffin. As the dude said it was intentional originally, but I like the new ones

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the difference in runs and Chinese QC

Very cool thread. Hadn't seen it before. I'm sorry I wasn't on PCF at the time to take part in the festivities.

Wow can't believe the Majestics originally sold for 29c each. They are now selling for 39c. That's a huge increase.....
That's the benefit to committing to a new line of chips site unseen. I'm pretty sure CPS chips were around 25-27c each when preordered for that GB

I sent off a couple of sample chips of the newer non-fade label to Gear Labels today...Hopefully he'll have it in about a week or so and can design a label that matches it. The clean/oil process has begun here as you can see for my stock label chips. About 60% of my chips are here (my blues & oranges aren't shown because they don't have labels....the rest are on back order. Hopefully I'll have my full 1000 piece Majestic by the end of April.

IMG_3193.JPG
set complete

Wow can't believe the Majestics originally sold for 29c each. They are now selling for 39c. That's a huge increase.....

You should have seen the pricing of the original CPS group buy iteration. I think those were around $.15 each. That fell through, and I believe our final pricing was
Around $.24 each? I could be wrong.

You should have seen the pricing of the original CPS group buy iteration. I think those were around $.15 each. That fell through, and I believe our final pricing was
Around $.24 each? I could be wrong.

Why the inflation?

Why the inflation?

Not sure if you're serious... lol

No different than any of the chip room sales, where we get them at a discount early, and they always increase in value from the orig release pricing.

That's what I'm asking. Why the assumed continuous increase in cost? Seems counterintuitive.

Yes, looks like they are all in stock now...but with fade or without the fade?

I'm hoping "no fade". My previous March 2017 order which included $5, $25, $500, and $1000's all included No Fade....the text was sharp and bold. My guess is that the fade went out with the old stock and new stock that just arrived will all be no fade also. At least...I hope that's the case.

My order hasn't shipped yet. When I receive it, I will let you know what they look like.

Oh and for anyone that is ordering labels from Gear, he noted that his print equipment would be back up and running by April 20th. I sent him a couple of non-fade Majestic chips that should be arriving any day now. Hopefully he can tweak the stock artwork for no fade for a perfect match.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom