My relabel Majestic cash set (1 Viewer)

I just noticed that the Pharoah 25c is blue, so if I flip the orange 25c to be the 5000, and make the 25c blue, this may be a good solution. It gives the cash a nice patriotic flow (this matches the pharoahs), doesn't re-use colors, and uses all the colors I like.

The consensus is that the Orange is the favorite for the $5K. I love the orange, but will it stand out enough from the yellow $1K when they are both on the table?

For a cash set, I'd now do
25c - blue (override)
1 - white (standard)
5 - red (standard)
25 - green (standard)
100 - black (standard)

For a tourney set, I'd now do
25 - green (standard)
100 - black (standard)
500 - purple (standard)
1000 - yellow (standard)
5000 - orange (override)

Han's blue $1's are awesome. Love the colors. Even though he has a blue SSC felt. Never felt an issue with the chips blending in.

It's a pity the little triangles on the blues weren't made to contrast more IMO. Love the blue color, but I would prefer more contrast with the edge spots.

IMG_0901.JPG
Han's blue $1's are awesome. Love the colors. Even though he has a blue SSC felt. Never felt an issue with the chips blending in.
You're not wrong on the blue contrast with the cloth. Saving grace is that the cloth is darker and the chip is light enough to provide enough discernible color. Also, if I ever plan to upgrade my cloth I'll likely go with a contrasting color.

I just noticed that the Pharoah 25c is blue, so if I flip the orange 25c to be the 5000, and make the 25c blue, this may be a good solution. It gives the cash a nice patriotic flow (this matches the pharoahs), doesn't re-use colors, and uses all the colors I like.

The consensus is that the Orange is the favorite for the $5K. I love the orange, but will it stand out enough from the yellow $1K when they are both on the table?

For a cash set, I'd now do
25c - blue (override)
1 - white (standard)
5 - red (standard)
25 - green (standard)
100 - black (standard)

For a tourney set, I'd now do
25 - green (standard)
100 - black (standard)
500 - purple (standard)
1000 - yellow (standard)
5000 - orange (override)

Using the blue as a quarter works! I saw lavender used on another thread and it worked too.

For the tourney set, that's what I'm probably going with too. I think it's perfect!

The next step for me is trying to get some pricing / ordering instructions from GearLabels. I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone there for some reason. I'll keep trying.

I

The consensus is that the Orange is the favorite for the $5K. I love the orange, but will it stand out enough from the yellow $1K when they are both on the table?)

Yes. I've used the yellow, orange, and green on the table together without issue. Especially when they are oiled. The orange and the .25 pink (salmon), do not play well together.

After seeing the table with chips above, it's really obvious that I love the colors but the red $5 is out of order for me. I want the red to pop...it shouldn't be over shadowed. So I'm going to make the $5 eye popping orange. If I'm going to customize some, I might as well get what I want.

For a cash set,
25c - red (override)
1 - blue (override)
5 - orange (overrride)
20 - green (override)

For a tourney set,
100 - black (standard)
500 - purple (standard)
1000 - yellow (standard)
5000 - salmon (override) < check that out arch3r

This way, I use all of the colors besides the chocolate and white, I get contrast at every level and the big chips pop.

Crap! another obstacle...I realized I want to run a 2 table tourney, then start 1 cash table later, and I want to use different chipsets, as I don't want to temp anyone to use a $25 from the tourney to add to their cash stack...not that anybody would ever do that. Sooooo.....

For a cash set, maybe
25c - salmon (standard)
1 - white (standard)
5 - red (standard)
20 - blue (override)
100 - orange (override)

For a tourney set, maybe
25 - green (standard)
100 - black (standard)
500 - purple (standard)
1000 - yellow (standard)
5000 - choco (standard)

The good part is that all 10 colors are used and no colors/demons are shared. The bad news is that the orange will rarely see the light of day. :( Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Crap! another obstacle...I realized I want to run a 2 table tourney, then start 1 cash table later, and I want to use different chipsets, as I don't want to temp anyone to use a $25 from the tourney to add to their cash stack...not that anybody would ever do that. Sooooo.....

For a cash set, maybe
25c - standard (standard)
1 - white (standard)
5 - red (standard)
20 - blue (override)
100 - orange (override)

For a tourney set, maybe
25 - green (standard)
100 - black (standard)
500 - purple (standard)
1000 - yellow (standard)
5000 - choco (standard)

The good part is that all 10 colors are used and no colors/demons are shared. The bad news is that the orange will rarely see the light of day. :( Any suggestions?

I'd put the chocolate as the 100 if it will never see the light of day...and put the bright orange chip as the 5000. The orange is a perfect $5000.

The orange and .25 salmon won't play well together. Make the orange .25 and the salmon 100, if but many 100 will hit the table with .25. If it were me, I'd make the salmon part of the tourney set, or whatever set I'd use the least. I like the salmon fine, but not better than the orange or with the orange.

The orange and .25 salmon won't play well together. Make the orange .25 and the salmon 100, if but many 100 will hit the table with .25. If it were me, I'd make the salmon part of the tourney set, or whatever set I'd use the least. I like the salmon fine, but not better than the orange or with the orange.

His denominations said "standard" instead of "salmon". I didn't catch that orange and salmon would be in the same set.

Last edited:
His denominations said "standard" instead of "salmon". I didn't catch that orange and salmon would be in the same set with my recommendation.

We were actually typing at the same time. I was responding to the OP.

Am I wrong, I thought standard meant the standard color the denomination came in, which .25 would be salmon. Just making sure I'm not off track

We were actually typing at the same time. I was responding to the OP.

Am I wrong, I thought standard meant the standard color the denomination came in, which .25 would be salmon. Just making sure I'm not off track

We're on the same page (my post was updated). Don't mix the salmon and orange...ever!

My bad, the .25 should have said Salmon, which is standard. I've corrected the post.

Last edited:
The next step for me is trying to get some pricing / ordering instructions from GearLabels. I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone there for some reason. I'll keep trying.

If you can get a hold of someone from GearLabels, will they sell the Majestic label, or is this for custom labels?

I did get in touch with Gearlabels by email. He has all of the leftover stock of Majestic labels from Apache; however, there's a limited supply...especially of the more popular denominations. If he has run out of the denomination you want, he can make them for you. He has the Majestic artwork.

I did get in touch with Gearlabels by email. He has all of the leftover stock of Majestic labels from Apache; however, there's a limited supply...especially of the more popular denominations. If he has run out of the denomination you want, he can make them for you. He has the Majestic artwork.

I also talked to them about the majestic labels and making a change to them and removing the $ from them for a tourney set and they said that would not be a problem.

I can't believe I spent so much time figuring out what colors I wanted to go with on my chips. I talked it out with another one of my friends that play at our game and it's finally been decided. I'm going to go pretty much traditional with the exception of the $.25 and $5000

Cash set,
25c - blue (override)
1 - white (standard)
5 - red (standard)
20 - green (standard color /denomination modified)

Tourney set,
100 - black (standard)
500 - purple (standard)
1000 - yellow (standard)
5000 - orange (override)

No use of the chocolate or salmon but all others used even though some are only used sparingly.

Until you change your mind again :p

You gest, but it's the reason I'm leaning towards ordering CPC, but using labels on them, instead of an inlay. Tastes, etc., change and unless one wants to fill their house with chips, which I'm sure some here do, it might make sense to stick with labels. I continue to ponder this.

Ha! The orders have been placed finally.

Well congrats. You are a better man than me. I'll still obsess over this for weeks.

What quantities did you get, if you don't mind me asking. For my cash set, .25/.50 with 10 players, $40/$50 buy-in I was thinking

$0.25 - 200
$1 - 200
$5 - 150
$20 - 50

And either 25 white or chocolate for things like markers/bounty/21 chip in the rack (since majestics are thinner than other chips) or maybe a $0.05 chip?

Which gives me starting stacks of 20/20/3 or 20/20/5 with plenty bigger color left over for re-buys.

And I'm not even sure what I'm thinking about for a tourney set.

Well congrats. You are a better man than me. I'll still obsess over this for weeks.

What quantities did you get, if you don't mind me asking. For my cash set, .25/.50 with 10 players, $40/$50 buy-in I was thinking

$0.25 - 200
$1 - 200
$5 - 150
$20 - 50

And either 25 white or chocolate for things like markers/bounty/21 chip in the rack (since majestics are thinner than other chips) or maybe a $0.05 chip?

Which gives me starting stacks of 20/20/3 or 20/20/5 with plenty bigger color left over for re-buys.

And I'm not even sure what I'm thinking about for a tourney set.

I'm definitely comfortable and glad to be over the OCD stress!

I planned my cash setup for 12 people...just to have some excess...and our game isn't the typical 0.25/0.50 NL. It's more dealers choice after a tournament. Many players like to have more low unit chips...it makes them feel better. That being said, the starting stack for most is $20.... (2) $5, (5) $1, and (20) $0.25. All rebuys for us are usually (4) $5 chips or a combo of $5's and $1's.. That being said, I bought....

$0.25 - 250
$ 1 -125
$ 5 - 75
$20 - 25
475 chips total.

At his point, our group isn't up to using the $20 chip yet, but hopefully we "evolve". I wanted to get enough for now and the future in case the chips are discontinued...that should be $1062.50....more than enough.

I planned for 16 in our tournament...but can go up to 20.

I think I find that is interesting is that Apache sells chips in groups of 25 when a barrel is 20. It seems to screw everything up a bit in ordering because you will only be even on barrels if you buy 100 chips...which I'm not ordering on any of my chip denominations. It makes ordering used chips difficult too since most people seem to want to sell all of them by the full rack.
I'm unfortunately going to have to wait for the black 100's, white $1, and blank greens. Apache is currently out of stock on those.

I haven't seen this discussed before but I think it needs to be...

I just received my first partial order of Majestic chips...and I'm noticing a drastic difference in the artwork. It seems like the older version of the chips have a middle fade out in the logo/name/denomination (Example $100 chip)... but the new chips I'm receiving from Apache don't have this fade at all (Example $500 chip). The artwork is drastically different with the letters and logo bright without fade.

I was in the process of ordering some of the leftover original Majestic labels from GearLabels and since his supply was low, I would have to custom order some of the labels for the remaining chips in that denomination and set. I'm glad I noticed this ahead of time because the labels would have been noticeably different even within the same denomination...let alone the set. Now my custom set is going to be much more expensive. This also applies to buying used Majestics in the classifieds and mixing them with new Majestics. Be careful...these chips are expensive and them matching is important (at least to me it is).

I wanted to ask the same thing but I forgot. I ordered a sample set and it had the same issue. Some chip labels were different to others. The new labels do not have the fade. I prefer the labels without the fade IMO but with these differences, its makes buying a combo of used and new chips tricky. I would also check any new chips you buy seeing as though my sample set had a combo of both and there is probably let over inventory.

I wanted to ask the same thing but I forgot. I ordered a sample set and it had the same issue. Some chip labels were different to others. The new labels do not have the fade. I prefer the labels without the fade IMO but with these differences, its makes buying a combo of used and new chips tricky. I would also check any new chips you buy seeing as though my sample set had a combo of both and there is probably let over inventory.

I 100% prefer the labels without the fade too. I haven't opened all of my chips yet to see if they were mixed or not but I will do that for sure. I noticed the mismatch first in the sample set but didn't think much of it until I started seeing online photos in the classifieds that didn't match...but it's confirmed now that there are two different labels out there. I've notified GearLabels about the issue...he's probably going to have to have artwork for both in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom